Facebook

sniperlover

Reaction score
Hi Guys What's the fuss about facebook.Met a girl not long ago and kept asking how come i am not on facebook? i said it not my cup of tea and cant be bother,but she insist i have got something to hide or people who are not on facebook are hiding something.
Moreover i have heard of cases where peoples details got stolen from facebook and some of my mates have got into trouble.

So what's the big fuss about facebook?:think:

lol I've no idea about facebook or whats so special about it either !
We have people at work that would be on it 8 hours a day if it was not blocked during work hours.
I suppose its just like a forum like this but with wider audience and more groups.

Richard

same here...created an account because I kept getting invites to sign up. If you are not on facebook, you've already lost 50%of your life. LOL

it's not actually just meeting friends it seems, it's also telling the whole world what you are on about every other minute...LOL

6.47am xxxx is now getting out of bed
6.59 xxxx is now having a bath
7.12am xxxx is having a bad day (already)
7.13 am xxxx is having breakfast

and so on....

doesn't interest me either, or the missus...I don't want everyone knowing my buisness and want I'm doing...

LOL...My misus set me up on Facebook and I did not even bother using it for a year....started using it about 3 months ago.....and have about 10 friends.....shame most of them live 270 miles away in Kent :-(

I use it sometimes to keep in contact with friends that are miles away as they use mobiles. Strange how moblie providers give free FB access but not MSN or the like

I also cant be ***** most the time, I mean there's facebook, myspace, twitter, bebo, etc etc, I cant spend my fecking life updating there day in day out, I have AS for that, lol, but its true, "John Smith has just taken a dump", niceeeeeee, I have an account but only update it every now & then, but some people are on it 24/7, unreal, at least AS serves a real purpose(99% of the time), but I'll give it that its survived & 200 million users now, thought might lose its effect, still think its not gonna last the time, but could be wrong.

Facebook for me is:

Chat to people online
Get reminded on mates birthdays and birthday partys
Get PM'd all the good nights out.

Thats about it tbh...lol

CBA with the photo uploading and status crap!

I have been on it for a while, it serves a purpose but thats all! At first it's quite amazing when you re-contact all those old school friends you drifted apart from all those years ago - then they sit there as 'friends' whom you still don't have any contact with so it's kinda pointless! And you ask yourself if this is the reason you drifted apart from them in the first place!

I haven't yet done a 'status update' :tocktock: and now there is that 'Twitter' thing too.....

I have a few acquaintances overseas who I wouldn't ever talk to on the phone or email or anything, however if I ever went to the their country, or vice versa, I would like to catch up with them, so it is brilliant in keeping in touch with them.

I used to spend ages on there faffing about with all the various apps. but now they just irritate me as you have to 'invite' lots of friends so all I ever do is glance at the home page once a day.

IMO it will fade away from now on as people realise there is more than life. It is banned at my work too and quite rightly so!

Well I like to think I have too many friends to keep intouch with on a daily basis, so use facbook to make sure I don't loose any! It's all about networking! I must be a gluten for punishment as I am a member of a few sites..

LinkedIN
Facebook
Twitter
Ping.fm
Last.fm

So normally - no matter where I am or what I am doing, someone will no about it..

Guess it's because I'm a geek!

Cancelled mine about 8 months ago, and now my life is soooooooo much better lol

I use it as an excellent way of getting back in touch with lost friends, and for storing photos online, thats about it really.

I have been on it for a while, it serves a purpose but thats all! At first it's quite amazing when you re-contact all those old school friends you drifted apart from all those years ago - then they sit there as 'friends' whom you still don't have any contact with so it's kinda pointless! And you ask yourself if this is the reason you drifted apart from them in the first place!

I haven't yet done a 'status update' :tocktock: and now there is that 'Twitter' thing too.....

I have a few acquaintances overseas who I wouldn't ever talk to on the phone or email or anything, however if I ever went to the their country, or vice versa, I would like to catch up with them, so it is brilliant in keeping in touch with them.

I used to spend ages on there faffing about with all the various apps. but now they just irritate me as you have to 'invite' lots of friends so all I ever do is glance at the home page once a day.

IMO it will fade away from now on as people realise there is more than life. It is banned at my work too and quite rightly so!

You said it quattrojames.All my good mates, i am in contact with them.So if i am not in contact with some of my old school friends then i am not missing anything or they are not important to me.I guess it would fade away soon with all the hype of facebook.

True true

I have some relatives on it and cringe at their status......"looking forward to going on the vodka later and gonna hit it good" and that is gods honest a woman :(

I might pull the plug as its an irritant...I like it here more

Pile of pants, cba with it and hearing what people get upto, who cares!!!!