Wheels on my GTi Anniversay

pmodes74

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a major problem. As it has been well documented the wheels on my car (225/40/18 BBS) are completely shot due to the type of finish that VW/BBS agreed to finish them on.

This is my 3rd set in 4 years so enough is enough. I'm going for a refurb but not sure which way to go?, My car is Tornado Red with no mods....I'm sort of thinkin' Black Chrome?!!!............any ideas??? I want it to look awesome but classy :rock: ........Cheers

Satin black would look good on a red body, but it will take away the OEM look of the GTI Anniversary with the original chrome finish.

Sorry for the doofus question, but whats a GTi Anniversary? Is it the late Mk1 shape with the 1800 engine?

Can we see a complete picture of the car please?

EDIT: Scratch that question, I have just googled it, I was thinking of the Celebration!

The wheels in the link Nilz posted look awesome :thumbsup:

It's the mk 4 golf...a limited edition 1.8t golf they did, it had a subtle kit on it and different rims, they came with 180bhp...if it was my car I'd keep it looking original, how the anniversary should look...

Yeah Leggy I agree, Anni's should look untouched BUT I'm on my 3rd set in about 4 years and they now look worse than ever before, an embarrasement if I'm honest....Cheers for your message though

Yeah I understand what your saying, I didnt realise they had probs with the wheels...pity really cos there nice looking rims, I quite fancied one a few years back but they held there value really well...nice cars !!

I would say black would look good, however if you look at the below, you may have your answer, if you are wanting to keep in with the original look of the car....

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=204595

this man speaks sense
5.jpg

Shouldn't this thread be in the Volkswagen discussion, its not general chat is it. :rulez: :whistle2:

Dude, I think it was originally in the VW section, however being an Audi forum, it looks like there isnt much action in there, so i can only presume it has been reposted here...

Only what i think of course :)

Similar wheel would be the BBS RSII's which I have. Look much better and seem to have a much better finish.

Difficult to get your hands on them then.

Perhaps get them polished?