Plymouth....

audi_girl

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi everyone

I am going to be in Plymouth for a Saturday on my own in a couple of weekends, any ideas what I can do to entertain myself !!!

Is the shopping decent ... ??

Hey i live about 10min from Plymouth, umm at the moment its all being knocked down (big sigh of relief) the shops arent too great but the night life is, the barbican is really nice lots of good bars and clubs with a weatherspoons dotted around as usual if the weather is good so are the views of the harbour and thats about it really, any more questions do ask away though only about 20min drive is some amazing beaches which i am in walking distance of!

Cool, not sure about the beaches although I like the sound of that, as not sure if Im taking my car or not yet.

Do you know where the Uni halls are, as that's where we are staying (long story!)? Is it easy to get places from there?

I'll probably have a few hours to kill from 10/11amish (when I get up) until 6ish (have to get ready then!)

The uni halls are at the top of town its about a 3min walk from there into the actual centre of town from the uni you just go under the road via a subway and your literally in the middle of Plymouth, parking is defiantly a problem in Plymouth at the moment due to most of the car parks either being knocked down or condemned with concrete cancer! Hope this helps.

Justin

Go and see the mighty greens! Argyle I mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The shopping is pretty pants, especially for women. I agree with the others about the barbican. You can head down there during the day and have a walk around and a few jars.

The real attraction of Plymouth though is being so close to nice beaches and villages. You can take a boat trip that leaves from the barbican and goes down the river tamar (quite nice) or there's another boat that leaves from near Devonport/Stonehouse and goes to Mount Edgecombe, which is a nicely kept park/gardens. It's the one you can see on the right if you look out to see from Plymouth.