Smart police have fast cars

andyb_88

Reaction score
BrabusPoliceCar_1380982c.jpg

The Brabus CLS V12 S Rocket

There is fierce competition for the world's fastest police car with the Italians and Germans vying for the title.
Up until now the police prix d'or has been held by a Lamborghini Gallardo which an Italian police patrol is using on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria highway.

It is capable of hitting a top speed of 192mph, which is probably ample to keep up with the most reckless of motorists.

But the Germans have their eye on a car which would leave the Lamborghini trailing in its wake.

It has placed an order for a Brabus CLS V12 S Rocket which has a top speed of 225mph. It will be used on the fastest stretches of the autobahn.

Meanwhile in Austria, police are testing a Porsche 911. Even on trials, patrol cars have noticed that the country's motorists are reluctant to take them on.

In San Diego officers are using a custom made police car with integrated shotgun mounts and a top speed of 155mph.

UK police officers have driven a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, but purely to promote road safety.

But if British police cars are not the fastest, the four Smart Cars used by Scotland Yard are the greenest with the lowest carbon emissions.

- love the little comment at the end :laugh:

Yet another waste of money, so to improve road safety you buy a car worth a few hundred grand, put cameras up which makes us brake hard at any camera sign & causes more accidents, countermeasures to stop accidents etc dont work, the only one I tend to respect more are the warning signs that show you your speed, I know they're not cameras but for me its a courteousy warning & I do actually slow down if I am speeding at all, this for me works, but knowing a camera is taking images, fining us & costing money overall makes me angry, even the courteousy warning signs use solar power to run so very efficient & low cost.