shearer

God.

No expectations. If we go down, itll get blamed on Keegan anyway. If we stay up, he'll further increase as a legend.

Good time to become manager.

He's been waiting & waiting for this, he's turned it down few times already but guess he feels times right, always had respect for the guy tbh even if I dont follow the pitch hardly anymore because of the sheer ridiculous money involved these days, I wish the guy all the luck, cant do worse than others, be nice to get that wxxker owner out of there though, fat pork pie eating idiot.

I hope he saves us, think he has had enough of ashley killing the club

I hope we dont go down, as could end up being another leeds or southampton

In a way Id like to see us go down and get rid of the dead weight at the club.

But the loss of the better players and impact on the finances would kill us.

As a Sunderland fan, I have mixed feelings. I have the normal desire that any football fan has to see the local rival fare less well than my team, but I don't think I want to see Newcastle relegated. That's because the rivalry only has any real meaning if we're in the same division and therefore playing derby games against each other twice a season. So, presuming that Sunderland stay in the Premiership (which is not something I can take for granted), then I want Newcastle to survive as well, so in that context, I wish Shearer well.

On an 8-game basis, I do think that Alan Shearer can instill into the current squad enough of his own passion for, and devotion to, the club and the city to get them to play well enough to get the points they need. But in the longer term, I can't help feeling that the club and its fanbase need to get away from this "Messiah" mentality that seems to have been attached firstly to Keegan and now to Shearer.

agree actually if we go down we will actually clear out the **** of the team, it might do us better in the long run,

people like alan smith, joey barton, ameobi

well, your were already going down so as someone said, he will save you and become even more of a legend around Newcastle or you will go down and he wont be blamed.

win win situation.

Well, as a Newcastle fan I just cant see where the points are coming from, Shearer or not.

Hope Im wrong, would be a perfect opportunity to take the **** out of the Smoggies :)

Paul