clearing of a cheque with bank???

rockstar

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
hi ,trying to get my cash cleared asap for my change of car,question is there a quicker alternative to getting a personel cheque cleared through your bank account in less than the normal 3 bank working days,can you pay a fee to clear it quicker??? or am i imagining things!(wishful thinking me thinks)

cheers

If you speak to the bank manager, they can wire the money over the very next day. Much quicker than cheque!

Rich

car will be (dec) 51 reg a4 1.8t quattro sport in black with full black leather interior,cd/air con etc....

situation with the finances is this...my bank loan will not complete/clear till end of week (possibly early next)
and the wifes about to go into labour any day now! need to complete and get the car out the way today or tommorrow,I have a credit card i can use with an very large limit...but am waiting on a replacement card,i do how ever had a credit card cheque i can use....hence my question.card isnt likely to arrive for a week.wondering could i pay cheque in my account and pay quicker,bit have recently been told i'll be charged massivelly for using a cheque! not a good idea...

coulddo with completeing today and be ready the for babies arrival...

guess am stuck till soemthing clears...arrives!

Why don't you just ask for a bankers draft? - The Bank writes a cheque and deducts the money from your bank account. You take the cheque to the dealer. Probably costs about £10 for the bank to do this.

[ QUOTE ]
Anito said:
Why don't you just ask for a bankers draft? - The Bank writes a cheque and deducts the money from your bank account. You take the cheque to the dealer. Probably costs about £10 for the bank to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

Costs £10 and provided you've got the dosh, bankers draft there and then. Takes about 15mins.

Who are you buying from, a dealer or a private seller? Even with banker's drafts, most sellers will wait for clearance before releasing goods. This is because of the high incidence of theft & fraud. I work in banking & one of the most frequent complaints is from sellers who have accepted a banker's draft & released goods immediately, believing a draft is "as good as cash", only to have the draft bounce later, because it was either stolen or forged. A banker's draft IS NOT AS GOOD AS CASH!!

A CHAPS transfer is a much better idea. This moves the funds electronically from your bank to the seller's account. One the funds arrive in the seller's account, they should be happy to release the car to you.

i got a finance company to sign off a chq and the dealer to clear the chq the same day all within 4 hours!

if u know who ur dealing with... they are dealing with you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif