Vehicle Inspections

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
anyone on here know of a vehicle inspector that could look over my car, I am considering taking legal action against BMW as my car has had a lot of faults and I have been informed by a BMW dealer that it has been involved in a serious rear ender at some point, and I'd need an inspection to prove that.

Answers on a postcard please!

If you have RAC or AA membership, they could do it for a discounted price I think? Or get a mate who has said membership, and act like they are interested in buying the car.

I had a 24,000 mile 5 year old Peugeot 306 1.9 turbodiesel (which I really hated) but two different potential purchasors had inspections done,,,,one by the AA, the other the RAC.....

I found the AA inspection very top level, and I did not think they were very thorough but the RAC inspection was very thorough !.....may have been the luck of the draw, and I suspect some inspectors take their jobs more seriously than others....

A war story : The Pug had just passed an MOT, so I was not expecting any faults.....but where the AA bloke missed it, the RAC chap found the diesel pump was leaking (an MOT failure)...considering the Peugeot garage I bought it from MOT'd the car about 3 days before the inspection I was pretty p*ssed ! Anyways car was off the road for a week as Peugeot Main dealer insisted on getting the pump refurbished instead of fitting a new one under the warranty.......needless to say I got rid of the Peugeot and would never ever buy another as the overall reliability was ****** rubbish and no matter how carefully I drove it, it would never do more than 42mpg....my 2.5TDi does that on a run (OK with the wife driving it !!)