diesel car

205man

Reaction score
im looking to have changed my car by april and im possibly looking at getting a diesel, because one for thing i can put it through my books and claim the vat back easier as im already running an l200 warrior.

but im undecided what to get, id like to stay with audi and my gfriend like the a4 cab, but also likes the normal hardtop.

i want something that looks good comes with plenty of toys lol and plenty of power, it can be a saloon or hatchback (so like a3)

ive also been looking at the bmw 535 but feel they look abit lacking inside....

what would you chose or any other suggestions

looking to spend around £15000 but a little flexable for right car

alan

15k should get you a nice A3 Sportback TDI 170, with the S line pack and some extras they can be very well specced indeed. Practical and still looks good. They also hold value better than the A4's

No experience of the BMW's to be honest, never liked the image.

Not sure I agree with that. Like for like the A4 prices havn't dropped % wish worse compared to the A3s

Not sure I agree with that. Like for like the A4 prices havn't dropped % wish worse compared to the A3s

You say percentage, but in the real world, we look at monies dropped, and whilst you are probably right, the A4 would lose more actual money in the same space of time as an A3. Guess it's relative, the more expensive the car, the more you are going to lose which ever way you look at it.

I base my opinion on second hand value when I was searching for mine. I looked at A4's and could get an A4 TDI s line for 9k and the A3 of similar age was always more.

I think its due to them being repmobiles and 3 yr old 80k milers flooding the market forces the price down. A well specced A3 is harder to find in comparison.

I base my opinion on second hand value when I was searching for mine. I looked at A4's and could get an A4 TDI s line for 9k and the A3 of similar age was always more.

I think its due to them being repmobiles and 3 yr old 80k milers flooding the market forces the price down. A well specced A3 is harder to find in comparison.

But were they the same mileage etc etc? An A4 2.0tdi 140 SE with 40K on the clock in perfect condition was more expensive than an A3 2.0tdi 140 SE with 40K on the clock, at my local Audi dealer (York), by about £1K

ok, the 535 may not be lacking.....and will be honest not gone to see one in the flesh im going monday, but from the photos ive seen on autotrader they just dont seem to look as godd inside as an audi