Audi tax disc holder on Ebay

stevethejambo

Reaction score
Hi folks,

For anyone interested, there is a really nice Audi tax disc holder for sale on Ebay. The URL is:

Tax Disc

I actually got one myself, and its of real good quality. Think for a little bit extra you can get some personalisation instead of the number below the Audi logo.

I like it and the personalisation feature does make it for me
Stevethejambo do you have a picture of it on your car?

I got an 'audi-sport.net' one in my A3, and it looks good. However, i relocated it to the top of the windscreen as the damn thing kept falling off when it was at the bottom... weird curves in the screen or something!

Rich

Here is the pic from outside the car. I actually think Ive put it up a bit too high, and the sunlights in the way, but here goes..

"AUDI-SPORT NET ONE" DID YOU PURCHAST THIS THROUGH THIS SITE?

MIGHT SOUND SILLY, BUT YOU MAY KNOW SOMEONE WHO OWNS SITE?

:)

Uh.. kinda. They used to be part of the merchandise on here, but not sure if they sell them still.

btw - my ears hurt...turn the caps off please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Rich

Thanks for the picture
It looks good and is much more discreet than this big thingy that comes with the car and that is the kind of small tuning detail I really like:)
The curve aspect of the glass could be a problem
Does it have to be on a particularly flat surface or a bit of a curve is OK?
Stevethejambo, is that why you put yours a little bit high?

ok sorry man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Audi A3 1.8TS said:
ok sorry man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Does it have to be on a particularly flat surface or a bit of a curve is OK?
Stevethejambo, is that why you put yours a little bit high?

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually comes with a spacer to allow for the curve. I put mine on a little bit high by accident, so it could definitely go lower, although it will make it a little bit more difficult to change the disc when its due.

Its definitely quite a nice product though, just wish they did the personalisation when I bought mine!

Is that really such a pain to change the disk?
Don't you remove the screws on the back for that?

Yeah you do... just take them out, put disc in, and screw it back on. No big deal really

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Yeah you do... just take them out, put disc in, and screw it back on. No big deal really

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

No big deal until you drop one of the screws between the windscreen and dashboard and start the f'ing useless piece of [censored] talk.

That is so strange! A cover for a sticker??!!

First of all, I agree with HTC. It looks kind of ricey.
Secondly, why go to all the trouble of modifying a sticker? I mean... isn't it just a yearly sticker?

Just a yank wondering what's up.

We don't have anything so universal as that.
Each state in the U.S. has a registration sticker, but they are yearly and they go in different places depending on which state the car is registered.

Its not a sticker... just a piece of paper! so you have to have a holder which kinds sux!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I agree with HTC. It looks kind of ricey.
Secondly, why go to all the trouble of modifying a sticker? I mean... isn't it just a yearly sticker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its a bit of paper that must be in something. When my car came from Hitchen Audi, the sticker that holds the tax disc took up half the windscreen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Felt I had to do something about it!