Is it me, or is this site really slooooooooooooow?

FTO

Reaction score
Even on a broadband connection I have problems accessing these forums, and when I can get access, it runs really slowly.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Atleast we're not back to, "You don't have permission..." again. Jeesh, that was frustrating.

[ QUOTE ]
ImolaS4 said:
Atleast we're not back to, "You don't have permission..." again. Jeesh, that was frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

true - it's probly just a few technical glitches, as it's so popula! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seems to running fine now. The speed is directly related to the bandwidth as the site tends to s l o w down later in the day as more and more people check the site out.

[ QUOTE ]
FTO said:
Even on a broadband connection I have problems accessing these forums, and when I can get access, it runs really slowly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, earlier on in the week the site was as slow as a Mitsubishi FTO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
Yeah, earlier on in the week the site was as slow as a Mitsubishi FTO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehehehehe - man, if it was going that slow I'd be happy! Yeah it might just be all the users getting on the site at the same time, I think I find it quick first thing in the morning, or maybe that's because I'm the first on the net here, using all our connection up (whohahahahahaha).

There are other good sites like this out there aswell! www.planet-audi.net that's almost identical to this site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif give it a go, I see (dead people - lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif) familiar faces on there from here!

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
FTO said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif but unfortunately the site doesn't look anywhere near as good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously though, i've driven a 210 S3 and there isn't any real performance difference in the dry between the two. I also think the FTO looks better..... that said, I am looking for an S3, but first mod has to be a chip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Andy said:
Seems to running fine now. The speed is directly related to the bandwidth as the site tends to s l o w down later in the day as more and more people check the site out.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEAH???
So how about increasing bandwidth?
Get some more commercial sponsors and get the bandwidth up, please.
Right now, we're all like this:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
With more bandwidth we'll be like this:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
FTO said:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif but unfortunately the site doesn't look anywhere near as good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
I'm pleased you're here...that's the funniest thing i've heard in a while...
We need funny men like you!

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously though, i've driven a 210 S3 and there isn't any real performance difference in the dry between the two. I also think the FTO looks better..... that said, I am looking for an S3, but first mod has to be a chip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Odd...you must have driven a few broken S3s...
I have a mate with an FTO and it's lacking the legs of an S3...especially out of the corners.

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
[ QUOTE ]
FTO said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
I'm pleased you're here...that's the funniest thing i've heard in a while...
We need funny men like you!

[ QUOTE ]

Odd...you must have driven a few broken S3s...
I have a mate with an FTO and it's lacking the legs of an S3...especially out of the corners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but from my experience there really wasn't much in it. The FTO is faster with a manual 'box rather than tiptronic, so maybe that was a factor.

Looks are definitely subjective - the S3 is classier, but i'd say the FTO definitely turns more heads
bodywork_overview.jpg

p.s. Does anyone knows of a nice silver facelift S3 for sale?

Ahem, welcome to the audi club, but here we aren't that too concerned about turning heads... Generally most people are drawn to audi as it subtley combines performance in an every day livable package... Having said that my audi is yellow!?!

[ QUOTE ]
Lees3 said:
Ahem, welcome to the audi club, but here we aren't that too concerned about turning heads... Generally most people are drawn to audi as it subtley combines performance in an every day livable package... Having said that my audi is yellow!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, that's really what has attracted me to the S3 - classy, yet understated looks with excellent refinement - the FTO is just way too loud for my liking these days.

and if you get a FTO you'll feel obliged to fit a ludicrous bodykit and read Max Power.

Now thats just wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif