EM TuningSky Insurance
    S3 Drift King!

Status

Thumbs down I've got a STUPID friend....

A Mate of mine is kinda struggling through the recession at the moment. He happens to have a Flat for Rent @Ł450 pm, but he said he will be happy to take Ł350 pm under the current climate of supply exceeding demand on the renting front. So I find him a tennant(who has been informed of the Ł350 is enough) who I take to meet him and they start to negotiate rent..... After 15 minutes of so, my mate comes over to me and says "nonono, I'm not going to rent to him.... I just don't like him...."

When one is struggling, how can you refuse money just becasue you don't like him? I've not been a landlord myself, but seriously, he refused the Ł350pm pointblank, cos he thought the guy I brought along has an attitude... but it is infact my mate who HAD the attitude problem, cos he's under pressure with morgage and repayments etc.

Anyways, I'm done helping him, it's not problem, and you can't say I didn't try.

Rant over.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Makes you wonder why you bother sometimes!!!!
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

thats me

Status
    your dammed if you do and dammed if you don`t, your mates not a woman is he ??? lol
    red to red black to black blue to bits

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    your dammed if you do and dammed if you don`t, your mates not a woman is he ??? lol
    Sometimes lol

Status
    thats a bit insulting eh Joe
    I find solace in hearing about these greedy "buy-to-let" peeps having their "portfolios" go tits up and ending up like us...just me tuppence worth

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    ye true, alot of the time I am thinking why do I bother in the 1st place, its like today, my mate is in hospital with heart issues but hopefully fixed, I spent hours at there house removing ice from the conservatory roof, breaking the ice in pond so fish could live lol, fixing the overflow of the tank in the loft, then lookin at the heating system, I couldnt find the manual for the wifi thermostat to pair it up again, so I left to goto my house to get online to look for the manual as there computer takes 30 minues to do anything, while I'm at home his wife phones up giving me attitude about the heating & starts to lose it with anxiety, at that point I got extremely fecked of with her tbh & decided to put her in her place & tell her it doesnt hurt to say please, you told me the heating was fecked so I didnt feck it up did I, I spent hours doing your **** for you & you talk to me like that, sometimes I think feck everyone else I'll do my own thing, subsequently she apologised many times & thanked me for all my help etc etc etc etc & invited me & my brother to dinner as he helped me(& no definitely not one of those moments, lmao)

I mean what is it with people that they think they can talk to another person like a piece of **** when they go out of there way to help them, if there's one thing I hate & that is impoliteness, please & thankyou doesnt hurt & if someone doesnt use these basic communication tools then I have no time for them

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    PHEW!!! For a minute then I thought you were going to make reference to me!!!!

Dont worry dude, some you win, some you loose....

Just dont forget to keep smiling and ask if they would like fries with that

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    thats a bit insulting eh Joe
    I find solace in hearing about these greedy "buy-to-let" peeps having their "portfolios" go tits up and ending up like us...just me tuppence worth
    He's not buying to let, it's a flat above a shop, his shop's trade has gone a bit pear shape, so he could do with renting the flat out to actually make money instead of a loss... but when you don't like someone, you JUST don't like him huh...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    come again??

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    He's not buying to let, it's a flat above a shop, his shop's trade has gone a bit pear shape, so he could do with renting the flat out to actually make money instead of a loss... but when you don't like someone, you JUST don't like him huh...
    Sorry didn't mean your mate who made you look an arse Joe

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Whilst I do understand what you're saying Jo, playing devils advocate I wouldn't especially want to live with someone I didn't like either would you really?

I know sometimes you have to make these sacrifices for various reasons, but living with someone you don't like wouldn't be much fun.

Just a thought .....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Whilst I do understand what you're saying Jo, playing devils advocate I wouldn't especially want to live with someone I didn't like either would you really?

I know sometimes you have to make these sacrifices for various reasons, but living with someone you don't like wouldn't be much fun.

Just a thought .....
    No I wouldn't want to live with anyone I didn't like for sure, but it's an empty flat!

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Ah ok! I misunderstood your original post
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

6th Gear

Status
    You do have to be careful, If he got a bad feeling then he would be worried even more than if it were empty. We rent a house out next to my work and the people are a bunch of loosers. He needs to be sure in his mind that he wont find them crapping in the corner & burning the furniture or using it to sell drugs from. I hope he does find somebody he feels secure with.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Beer God

Status
    Where is this flat?
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design