Driving in sweden

benr

Reaction score
Hi all

Going to sweden 27th dec - 3rd jan

Going gothenburg north a bit then spend 2 days going west to stockholm for new years eve.

Can anyone give any tips or advice at all on driving in this part of the world?

Also any places which are recommended to go either in gothenburg or stockholm or inbetween? (including bars and sights)

Also good chat up lines for the swede birds? (no silly ones please:hi:)

Thanks in advance
Ben

Oh I hope someone told him about giving way to vehicles from side roads! I nearly messed my pants when the coach we were in pulled out into a dual carriageway!

Oh I hope someone told him about giving way to vehicles from side roads! I nearly messed my pants when the coach we were in pulled out into a dual carriageway!

Haha i didnt notice this at all while i was away but then im usually nice to drivers entering... Its not too hard to drive there very similar to here.

Couple of points:

Women are fit

Metal studded tyres are required in winter months and are brilliant in freezing conditions never had any scary moments and gave it some.

Cameras are a barsteward, All painted black and look like the landscape my TT730 picked them all up though. Everyone pretty much stick the the speed limits which are very low IMO.

If you have a green light then pedestrians may also have a green light which was a bit of a nightmare as you have to give way when youre on green.

Also the drink drive limit is next to nowt so you cant drink at all which is good IMO

Lastly its fooking expensive... everything is around double price except petrol which is only a bit more. 5-8 pounds for a pint, £8 a shot is horrific.