EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: insurance

3rd Gear

Status

insurance

Just had a my insurance renewal for Ł613 with adrian fluk with 5years protected no claims and Ł350 excess.

What do you think guys

Also they need my membership number for this forum do we all have one if so where do you find it ??

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I think that seems quite expensive, I know you have some mods but it's still a diesel, it's not as if the excess is low....as for your mem no. I can't help sorry....
    revo'd

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by missviper View Post
    Just had a my insurance renewal for Ł613 with adrian fluk with 5years protected no claims and Ł350 excess.

What do you think guys
    Sounds expensive to me...but I suppose it depends on your age and where you live etc.

My 911 doesn't cost me much more than that...but maybe I'm just old, lucky and live in the sticks (all 3 happen to be true)

Also they need my membership number for this forum do we all have one if so where do you find it ??
    According to the Database:

Your ID is 12461

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

5th Gear

Status
    couldn't comment upon the price as there are a few too many variables I guess. Though I pay less for a modded Tsport, with a lower excess if I remember?

Anyway Ess have give you the database redord, though when I have insured with companies I just give them my username.

I'd shop around a bit more. Try the usual: Elephant/Admiral (whom are part of the same group) but can differ slightly in price. Greenlight also? Then try calling A.Flux with any advances and see if they can match your price?

Hope that helps.

Rob

4th Gear

Status
    Try Swiftcover.com
    They have been very good, and I think well priced.

When I had to make a claim against a **** of an Austrian 40 tonne Truck Driver that side swiped me on the M25 Swiftcover.com were excellent in getting the claim resolved.
    A4 2.5 Tdi Avant Quattro Sport : 180HP 6 speed, Mauritius Blue, full black leather heated electric front seats, auto lights, Xenons, auto dipping rear view mirror, heated folding door mirrors, cruise control, Bose, full DIS, MFSW, 18" RS6 reps, rear parking sensors, colour coded lower, rear door window blinds, interior & ambient lighting kit, under seat storage, front armrest as standard. RS4 ARB, RNS-e sat nav, Cd Changer, OEM bluetooth fitted by me.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Maria, call up Greenlight(you might have to email these guys now I think?) and try and get a quote from them which is usually cheaper that AFlux, then go back to Aflux with your new quote, and they will beat it!

I'm paying Ł450 FC with Ł350 excess with all my mods declared and 6 points on my licence with AFlux on my S3.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks guys

6th Gear

Status
    HIC are doing mine with all mods decared including the ones I've not yet done with the missus as a named driver and business use for Ł325

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    WOW Thats cheap !! ^^^^ Greenlight eh? hmmmm

3rd Gear

Status
    well i followed JoJO advice and made a call to greenlight and got a cheaper qoute and then recalled A FLUX and they bet the price Ł485 incl breakdown cover.
    Ł440 without
    Not bad hey!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Excellent!, you can pay for my BurgerKing the next time we meet!! haha

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Methinks i will do the same. Greenlight have just quoted me Ł421 against Adrian Fluxes las year quote of Ł900. I also noticed that its also underwritten by Highway but includes like for like and the larger turbo/more power etc. So i will wait and see what AF offer as renewal is due in the next few weeks.If i can get the same quote with breakdown i will be happy

thats me

Status
    strange thing insurance Greenlight have always been very expensive for me Insurance is like playing the Lottery imo
    red to red black to black blue to bits

4th Gear

Status
    Always like these threads as some good insurance company names come up... Greenlight, HIC and swiftcover will definatly be getting a call from me when renewal comes around

Ive been with AF for about 2 years and have always been cheapest for me usually about 1/2 price of other competitors but as i get older i guess wiil become less competitive.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    WOW Thats cheap !! ^^^^ Greenlight eh? hmmmm
    Scratch that

I phoned them today to pay it and all of a sudden they couldn't find the quote and the price was now Ł415. After a few phone calls they agreed to do it for Ł370.

To make matters worse when I called my old insurer they told me I hadn't declared any mods at all and their renewal was for a standard car. When they rab it again it leapt from Ł440 to Ł900. I told them where to go and that I wanted my proof of no claims

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I always call a few other's first of course, but the last 2 are always Greenlight and AdrianFlux, has always worked for me, but no doubt they have just read this thread and do us over lol

1st Gear

Status
    hehe, I suspect they want your forum ID so they can scroll through all your postings and see what dirty linen they can uncover - either to reject your policy or turn a claim down, if the forum shows you havent been entirely truthful on your insurance application
    2007 RS4
    2000 S3 APR'd