VIN plate location (1995 Audi coupe 16v)

Aytonkid

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to buy an audi coupe 16v (1995 model) and I cannot for the life of me find the VIN plate on the engine bay (chassis) to cross check with the log book!! Anyone have any ideas. Greatly appretiated people.

Aytonkid

Have you checked on both the passenger and drivers door trim on the check? Sometimes they can be located there, although Im not too sure about Audi. The other place I can think of is somewhere in the boot of the car, maybe round about where the spare is?

Im not at work until next Thursday, but if you can give me an exact model spec then I should be able to tell you as we have a reference book with the exact location of the VIN numbers on each car.

in my book is said the vin number is stamped on the bulkhead in the middle(under the the bonit at the back) and the plate maybe where the bonit hinges are or on the door shuts or in the boot on the rear panel on the boot shut hope this helps

Thats a great help, thanks very much for that!!! All I need to do now is a find a decent car!