De Menezes family

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Am I being cynical in saying they are only after unlawful killing because of MONEY?

Can you blame them? I mean put yourself in the same position as them, you would do the same after a bit of nudging from your Solicitor.

370.jpg

A little bit cynical! Put yourself in his family's position

Innocent brazilian gunned down by trigger happy cops :gun2:

I know there is a LOT more to it than that (the wrong information given to the officers concerned, for one thing) but as yet nobody has taken the fall for it

What would you do if a member of your family was shot dead in brazil while running for a train? :angrymod:

I know there is a LOT more to it than that (the wrong information given to the officers concerned, for one thing) but as yet nobody has taken the fall for it

What would you do if a member of your family was shot dead in brazil while running for a train? :angrymod:

Yeah because shootings never happen in Brazil

http://www.newssafety.com/index.php...-&catid=443:brazil-media-safety&Itemid=100270

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/505065.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3089417.stm

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-111568350.html

.......honestly, I would find it difficult to move over with my family lock stock and barrell on a crusade like they seem to have done. Maybe they dont work, or see this as the best most luctrative "work" they can do (which is maybe the OPs point) but they have been over here for many months and I just could not afford to do that the other way round.

Not sure who is picking up the tab for this visit, but it is unlikely to be them, and if the situation was reversed, I could see someone from UK having to fund themselves over there, so would be unlikely top be able to do it!

It's a sad case, but prolonging it like this just makes it expensive. I dont think this inquiry will achieve anything at all apart from line some lawyers pockets and sell a load of papers/ make the Brazillian family rich....

.......honestly, I would find it difficult to move over with my family lock stock and barrell on a crusade like they seem to have done. Maybe they dont work, or see this as the best most luctrative "work" they can do (which is maybe the OPs point) but they have been over here for many months and I just could not afford to do that the other way round.

Not sure who is picking up the tab for this visit, but it is unlikely to be them, and if the situation was reversed, I could see someone from UK having to fund themselves over there, so would be unlikely top be able to do it!

It's a sad case, but prolonging it like this just makes it expensive. I dont think this inquiry will achieve anything at all apart from line some lawyers pockets and sell a load of papers/ make the Brazillian family rich....
hit the nail on the head there Simch

Agreed. Its a sad case, But i really feel for the police in these positions. They are all working towards a shared goal (stopping terrorism). They would not have put 7 bullets in his head on a whim

Armed police shot the local looney in our Co Op a few years ago when he failed to take his meds.
Six shots from two revolvers. I shoot competitively and three shots from a revolver isn't a very quick thing to do, the first shot would have taken him down, the other five were probably just to make sure.:laugh:

As for Menezes, foreign looking geezer with a rucksack just after a terrorist bomb attack. Look at it the other way, he did have a bomb and detonated it on a packed train. One life lost to save hundreds?

I think the risk is worth it. Maybe the police need better intel, maybe potential foreign terrorists might think twice about attempting another attack, or even wearing rucksacks on the underground.