PET HATES

colintdi

Reaction score
This is prob be done before, but what are your pet hates on cars. We all love our cars and there are just some things that annoy me on ppls cars.

I'll start yous off:- ppl with nice cars and number plates with rusty screws through them, or even where the water got into the back of the plate. These ppl have lovely cars but ther number plates are letting them down.

PPL who have spend hunderds on there car but still drive around on steel or shity rims

People that have expensive cars, that are fully loaded with everything except...............

indicators!!!

The irritating beeep when you open your door with the sidelights on, why can't we have the relaxing pling pling that they have in the US?
Also any car trying to be something it isn't i.e. 316 with M3 badges etc etc

Huge pet hate of mine...peoples disrespect for your car!

I may have an older car but no need to open the ****** door on it!

People who have expensive cars, that are fully loaded with everything except...............hands free kit!

Also people who call Aston Martin...Austin Martin !?

not so much on cars....but these are a sample of things that **** me of about car owners, great opportunity for a rant !

-anyone that parks right next to me, in spite of the fact there are hundreds of other spaces to choose from

-Caravan owners

-truck / Van drivers that sit right on my **** in traffic, then get the hump when i brake hard

-idiots that try to over take on the motorway, then slow down again when they have eventually got past

-people who do a weeks shopping at the same time as putting petrol in

-giffords that flash there lights at me when i legally / safely over take them.

-plastic kit cars, not resembling the model they are trying to replicate and based on metro's etc

-oh yeah, and stickers referring to peoples "other car being a lambo" - idiots

:whistle2:

RATTLES!!!!!! INSIDE NEW CARS AHHHHHH!!!!

yeah and the one's you cann't find. I sold a mazda and it started rattling when the fella took it for a test drive still bought it in the end. It never done it before untill that nite

people with sticks on there cars for mod's they don't even have or never will

I agree with car park nightmares, "I parked in this remote corner of the carpark for a reason :nunu:Go park somewhere else!"

Also when its raining, people who turn their car off and abandon the wipers mid screen :no:

And fog lights, front or rear :no: (unless its foggy, which it rarely is...)

Stickers the length of the car actually telling us what car it is as if we dont already know! And who really cares what it is.
Oh yeah and pink steering wheel covers and seat covers.
Quite funny though when you see the poor boyfriend or Dad driving it!

Gold wheels on anything other than Subaru.

People who drive 10mph below the speed limit everywhere they go!

Lorry drivers who try and overtake each other and then find out that they haven't got enough speed to do it anyway so then pull back in after a 5 mile attempt!!

Hesitant people at junctions when there's loads of time to pull out before the car they can see a mile away does in deed get anywhere near them!

This week my Pet Hates are as follows:

Women Drivers in X5's.
Women Drivers doing the school run. (X5 is optional)
French and German replica number plates.
The M6.

And lastly, some Polish twit who sits behind me most mornings in his Polish Reg'ed 5 Series Beemer which has either not had its Xenons switched over for driving on the left or has a really bad aftermarket HID kit fitted, he drives between Daventry & Rugby every morning between 6am and 6.15am, overtakes me most mornings which results in me flashing him constantly I dont think he'll ever get the message...

The word association thread on this forum - have people got nothing better to do while "big brother" or "I think I'm a celebrity give me some money" isn't on?

Gold wheels on anything other than Subaru.

People who drive 10mph below the speed limit everywhere they go!

Lorry drivers who try and overtake each other and then find out that they haven't got enough speed to do it anyway so then pull back in after a 5 mile attempt!!

Hesitant people at junctions when there's loads of time to pull out before the car they can see a mile away does in deed get anywhere near them!

people who drive 10mph below the speed limit and them when you overtake they speed up

people who wipe my windows instead of waiting for them to clear!

Have to agree BIGTIME on this one, its so frustrating to see handprints and finger prints on the glass...aaarrrggghhh!!!!

peolp who are doing about the same speed as you on a dual carriageway/motorway but your on the inside lane and when a slow car approaches they speed up to stop you overtaking the slower car...why?

people with no respect (or a company car) that park on top of you in car parks and open their doors on your car :gun2:

i pretty much hate everything.

but my worst things are:
people parking close to me
old people driving...jesus use your bus pass grandpa
buses when they pull out in front of you as if its the law to let them out
cyclists who ride in the middle of the road
taxi drivers who think they own the road
chavs who get right up your **** in their 1.1 saxo
fake chrome spinner wheel trims

and old people on the road.....again

when you're going straight at a roundabout & you stick to the left then some complete tosser who was in the right lane at roundabout cuts across to go straight, now that ****** me of big time & every damn time, then when you toot them to say hey I do have a car here, they have the audacity to give you the finger or tell you to **** of, makes my blood boil untold, RTFHC(highway code)

The guy who I pass evey morning in his little incy wincy pug 106 with ( sigh! ) replica a5 running lights......................why!?????

PEOPLE WHO FORGET TO SWITCH OFF MAIN BEAM

Bus drivers

Young people who drive like they are lying down or have " gangsta lean!! "

People who think its a really good idea to take to driving the middle of a country lane, especially when you are going the opposite way.

Anyone in a citroen saxo, belive me people every mod has been done, now move on to a proper car.

Those people who drive cars with bodykits still in primer, GET IT PAINTED. Or people with holes/rust/accident damage/faded paint on their cars but still shell out on a set of "lexus style rear lights" Yeah what about the rest of the car, its still a shitheap.

Any of the thousands of foreigners in this country who drive cars fit for the scrapheap without mot's

Old people who never look in the rear view mirror, take hours to turn even with power steering.

people who park in two spaces.

Fuel prices.

buses when they pull out in front of you as if its the law to let them out

Ermmmm, I think you'll find it is, RTF Highway code!

People going all the way round a roundabout in the left lane!!!!!!!!

Interesting thread :thumbsup:

Roundabouts are places that really get my blood boiling! People in the wrong lane, either left or right of me, really winds me up. People who don't see the need to INDICATE (the clue's in the name) their intentions to progress-around/exit them to other road users winds me up too.

Careless people in car parks fire me up too - I have to say something in defence of some company car users though - I'm driving a company car most of the time now, but I'm still respectful of other folks' property in car parks - and I'd like them to show the same courtesy.

All the overtaking antics that have been mentioned too - people blocking you or objecting to your overtaking when they're clearly dawdling and there's plenty of room for you to get past safely. People who pass you and slow down, people you pass who then speed up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

All those drivers who think they've a lot more talent than they actually have. Case in point - I went to help one of our other engineers at a job in Aberystwyth yesterday, we finished at 6pm with a two hour drive home. Naturally as the country lanes we elected to use were largely empty, we rallied it a little. All of a sudden some fool in a Fiesta decided to join the action, but around TWO FEET from my back bumper whenever he could. Alas he wasn't expecting left-foot braking and double-clutching from me, and he ended up with a bit of a tank-slapper into one corner as his skill ran out. Thankfully at that point he was gone...

I'm sure I'll think of more before the end of the day!

Regards,

Rob.

Idiots that insist on crawling along but then wave abuse at you when you go round them.

People who cut roundabouts without seeing if there is somebody there first.

Kamikazi pedestrians that walk into the road and then jump up and down when you nearly hit them.

Teens on mopeds that just ride like complete bell ends.

Think that's my lot at the moment

*Added* The bloke at work that keeps talking about the Nuremberg Ring despite being told countless times it's Nurburgring :banghead:

its not the law to let buses out if there is a broken white line,a friend of mine is a police officer and has confirmed this,I thank you

morons on motorbikes who insist on positioning in your blind spot.

oh and women who push their prams out infront of oncoming traffic before its safe for them to cross!

chav's and homies that say 'aks' instead of 'ask'. How is it possible to get the word wrong?!

Having some **** in a sprinter or transit sitting right up your hoop. Does he think he will go faster sitting so close to you? That and people that slow right down then turn in and indicate at the same time os the ones that go left at small roundabouts and dont indicate.