Car Insurance

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Yes, I know there's a car insurance forum for this, but it's very inactive down there, so I'm posting this up here.

Basically, has car insurance gone up for eveyone this year? Has reccesion effected premiums?

I was paying £450 last year for my S3 with all mods declared, nothing has changed this year apart from an extra years no claims which is at maximum anyways, I ended up paying £472 FC with AdrianFlux whom I was with last year after they beat my best quote from ChrisKnotts Insurance.

I was a bit disappointed not to get it cheaper this year, since it had progressively got cheaper in the 7 years or so I've been insuring the same car, but I'm not going to cry about a 22quid hike, just wanted to see what everyone else is experiencing out there.

Mine went down again this year to £215 with Swiftcover, soon it'll be cheaper than the roadtax (or rather the tax will overtake it)

Am with AF now coz Admiral gave me the 2 finger salute after I mentioned the word 'Jabba' lol

mine was 400 with AF they beat Admiral by £36 so was chuffed and like for like on mods if owt happens :)

Are you still running standard power FM?

Forgot to mention that both me and the other half have 6 points each, but that's hardly effected the premium to be honest...

Havent really changed this year, as was on the A4, so transferred it across to the S3, so guess I will just have to wait and see on the next renewal.

mate changed from TT group 18 to derv pug group 9 and got 30 quid off!?
******* they are...ex is an insurance broker

I'm with Swiftcover. £217 and I'm well pleased with that. I 'fessed up to having having a bike accident a couple of weeks ago so was pleasantly surprised at the price they quoted :sm4:

I renewed with First Direct a few months ago, and they were offering to beat your renewal premium by £30. I was a bit sceptical tbh, but to be fair to them they did :)

All i would say is to anyone under 25 don't for a minute believe that premiums will drop when you reach 25. Total bull sh1t!!

Paying £380 for the van, happy with that...

Paying under a grand now for the R32, which isn't bad as I'm still a nipper at 21. With Morethan insurance.

Insurance is a funny ol' game hey!!!

No guarantee the insurer your with will reduce your premium the next year but if you shop you should get it cheaper.