"look a like" Kit cars - ridiculous

Gilly

Reaction score
seriously, why would you want a car that has a vague resembelence to something exotic, but in reality is built around a knackered old MR2 /SIERRA/Metro, and even some one who knows very little about cars can see its a **** poor copy, usually made out of plastic.

what sort of people buy these things?,or is it me just being a misery Ar*e.
i refer you to the following examples...

f360f.jpg

copy2.jpg
copy1.jpg

Whats wrong with them?? ;)

No but have you seen the TT lookalike, its on the 8P forum i think, looks like its been made from a Ford KA

Love the Ferrari, they couldn't even get the wheelarches to fit right over the Beetle (or whatever it's based on) chassis. It's no different to putting a whaletail on a Sierra 1.6 really just more extreme. What I don't understand is the really good ones, where it's almost impossible to tell. All that work and expense, for what?
I'd rather take a Ferrari chassis and put a Metro body on it, now that would be fun.

So what can onlookers see through the perspex engine cover?!

Probably his bank statement, saying look how much money I saved by not buying the real thing...

Or maybe he has a pic of a ferrari engine imprinted onto the perspex???

LOL...i agree, i dont really believe in fakes, dont see the point, you should be able to make do with what you have, rather than faking what you cant have!!

So what can onlookers see through the perspex engine cover?!

Well the mr2 is rwd so possibly a lovely 2.0 16v....

Saw one with a testarossa kit on it...The guy had the chrome elbow on the go and looked like he thought he was the bees knees. I had a laugh and thought....My cars considerably better than yowes.

lmao chrome elbow, and classic Harry Enfield quote. Bet he thought he was the pupps privates. Proper sheep dressed in wolves clothing :)