FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi folks,

We received information today regarding the new S4, and a couple of things jumped off the page at me which seemed pretty interesting...

The N/A 4.2L V8 lump is being replaced by a forced-induction V6 unit, but this time Audi have decided to use a supercharger, stating that apparently it's more effective than even two turbochargers.

There's an extension to the quattro system too - of course we all know that they're using a 40/60 (F/R) split to give a bit more of a lively drive these days, but they've developed an 'active sport differential' for the new S4 which can vary torque between the rear wheels to give the outside wheel a bigger shove in the bends. That coupled with the drive select system which allows you to sharpen up engine, suspension and steering characteristics on-the-fly should make for a very interesting drive...

Anyway, I posted the full press release here - but I just tought I'd drop the two juiciest bits in the forum...

Regards,

Rob.

PS> A couple of photos here too, there are technical difficulties with pictures at the front page which are being worked-on at the moment...

b8s4avantfront.jpg

b8s4back.jpg

b8s4interior.jpg

MMMM, I quite like that... in saloon. Could be the car that stops me shifting back to the dark side!?!? ;)

What was the previous S4s CO2 as it only says there is a 30% reduction... of what??

EDIT>> Ignore that bit... "while emitting 225g of CO2 - 30 per cent less than its predecessor (S4 V8 manual 322g/km)."