Badger5Chris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

Canada - Just back from Nova Scotia

Just had a week out there visiting my Brother-In-Law and family.

My first trans Atlantic flight, we used Canadian Affair and went by Thomas Cook to Halifax, we had also concidered Zoom when originally booking the tickets, so that was a bit of luck.

I was concerned about spending that much time in a plane - but it was OK as the seat pitch was good - I have long legs and so usually suffer on European flights, due to the pitch of standard seats.

Had to stand up a few time and walk about the plane on the 6 1/2 hour flight, luckily we had a 150MPH tail wind on the return flight so that only took 5 hours.

Had a Ford Fusion hire car for three days (3Litre V6 with slush box, huge leather armchairs and suspension that rolled like a liner) the roads weren't bad though some had potholes from last Winter. Traffic levels are great and we used some of the regional roads and had them to ourselves for miles at a time.

Housing is really cheap out there, my BIL has a big new house 30 minutes from the Airport in an Acre of land with a lake at the end of the garden, the new ones going up could be had for about 250K.

I don't know if I could live out there, I could certainly semi-retire out there though.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

2. # ADS
    ADS

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Sounds like fun...did you get any pics??

6th Gear

Status
    Yes I did take quite a few, I haven't downloaded them from the Camera yet though, first day back at work and so I've got a fair bit to catch up on

Paul
    Last edited by Gti Jazz Blue; 23rd September 2008 at 13:52.
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    What you mean, you arent doing the download at work....shame on you!!

Beer God

Status
    I went to Montreal at the beginning of the year, was seriously impressed, new houses cost peanuts....
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

6th Gear

Status
    My uncle recently moved his family over there... my grandad was Canadian and my uncle got dual citizenship from that so it was an easy move and work was no issue. He has a fookin huge house, bearing in mind he has 4 kids and lived in a little semi before, he is now lording it up on a big farm with everything on it. Basically its cost him so little hes laughing. Im sick of getting pics from him!!

Dont think I could do it myself. Perhaps to the US, but not Canada. Its a bit backwards sometimes.