Canada - Just back from Nova Scotia

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just had a week out there visiting my Brother-In-Law and family.

My first trans Atlantic flight, we used Canadian Affair and went by Thomas Cook to Halifax, we had also concidered Zoom when originally booking the tickets, so that was a bit of luck.

I was concerned about spending that much time in a plane - but it was OK as the seat pitch was good - I have long legs and so usually suffer on European flights, due to the pitch of standard seats.

Had to stand up a few time and walk about the plane on the 6 1/2 hour flight, luckily we had a 150MPH tail wind on the return flight so that only took 5 hours.

Had a Ford Fusion hire car for three days (3Litre V6 with slush box, huge leather armchairs and suspension that rolled like a liner) the roads weren't bad though some had potholes from last Winter. Traffic levels are great and we used some of the regional roads and had them to ourselves for miles at a time.

Housing is really cheap out there, my BIL has a big new house 30 minutes from the Airport in an Acre of land with a lake at the end of the garden, the new ones going up could be had for about £250K.

I don't know if I could live out there, I could certainly semi-retire out there though.

Paul

Sounds like fun...did you get any pics??

Yes I did take quite a few, I haven't downloaded them from the Camera yet though, first day back at work and so I've got a fair bit to catch up on :faint:

Paul

What you mean, you arent doing the download at work....shame on you!! ;)

I went to Montreal at the beginning of the year, was seriously impressed, new houses cost peanuts....

My uncle recently moved his family over there... my grandad was Canadian and my uncle got dual citizenship from that so it was an easy move and work was no issue. He has a ****** huge house, bearing in mind he has 4 kids and lived in a little semi before, he is now lording it up on a big farm with everything on it. Basically its cost him so little hes laughing. Im sick of getting pics from him!! ;)

Dont think I could do it myself. Perhaps to the US, but not Canada. Its a bit backwards sometimes.