AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status

Something else i've just noticed about the new VED bands!

Something i've just noticed about the new tax bands is that they're not due to kick in until April 2009 so all the people who have March registered cars will have to buy their tax as normal come March. This is actually good news for those people who have an increase coming as they will be able to keep their existing tax rates until March 2010 when they will pay the 2009 increased rate & not have to pay the 2010 further increase until March 2011. However, the few people like me who are going to be paying less tax under the new rules are getting a raw deal! I bought only 6 mths tax for my Sept reg car thinking it was March when the new rules kick in, so my new plan will be to buy 6mths tax in March, then in April return the disc to buy a 12mth disc under the new prices. Fingers crossed that'll work & suggest anyone in the same boat does the same & return whatever disc they have in April for a new 12mth one as overall it'll save you money!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Z82
    2nd Gear

Status
    How much is yours going down like?

7. 2003 B6 Nogaro Blue S4 v8 quattro
    Gone but not forgotten:
    6. 1996 B5 Casablanca White A4 2.6 v6 quattro Sport
    5. 1989 B3 Maroon Coupe 2.0E
    4. 1986 B2 Red Coupe 2.2E Limited Edition
    3. 1985 B2 Red 80 Sport
    2. 1983 B2 Black 80 Sport
    1. 1984 B2 Silver 80 Sport

I cant spell !

Status
    I noticed this before and it works in my favour as well - OK I have to pay 10 more than last year when I renew in Jan but dont get hit for the 300 until Jan 2010.
    Downside is that I will possibly get hit when I change the car for the silly first year road tax, but I'm guessing / hoping it will be thrown in / absorbed by the cost of the car.
    OR (but most likely) the rules will have changed again by then and who knows.

Richard
    MY12 Black edition TT Roadster with a tractor engine !

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    My tax expires at the end of Sept this year, so if I buy 6 months it will take me to the end of March 2009, meaning if I buy a new tax disc in mid March next year I will be able to buy a year at the current rate and delay the price hike until March 2010. Is that correct?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    James, sounds about right to me

S3 Drift King!

Status
    My S3 isn't effected(yet), I just paid 185 for 12 months.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    My S3 isn't effected(yet), I just paid 185 for 12 months.
    piss off!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Z82 View Post
    How much is yours going down like?
    Its dropping from 120 for a year to 90 as of April on my little Smart Roadster. It still gets on my boobies that it kicks out 121 g/km so only just makes it into that band, yet the band below is only 30 which is a big jump. On the other hand I have to laugh at myself for moaning at paying only 90 for a years tax!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    My tax expires at the end of Sept this year, so if I buy 6 months it will take me to the end of March 2009, meaning if I buy a new tax disc in mid March next year I will be able to buy a year at the current rate and delay the price hike until March 2010. Is that correct?
    Yep thats correct by my reasoning! I bet they'll realise that little loop hole & quickly bring it forward to March given most new reg's are in March & April so they'd get the most tax income as a result, not that im accusing the labour government of being a bunch of fricken theiving scum bags or anything!!!

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Nickynibbles View Post
    I bet they'll realise that little loop hole & quickly bring it forward to March given most new reg's are in March & April so they'd get the most tax income as a result, not that im accusing the labour government of being a bunch of fricken theiving scum bags or anything!!!
    Yeh right, they probably will

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Nickynibbles View Post
    Something i've just noticed about the new tax bands is that they're not due to kick in until April 2009 so all the people who have March registered cars will have to buy their tax as normal come March. This is actually good news for those people who have an increase coming as they will be able to keep their existing tax rates until March 2010 when they will pay the 2009 increased rate & not have to pay the 2010 further increase until March 2011. However, the few people like me who are going to be paying less tax under the new rules are getting a raw deal! I bought only 6 mths tax for my Sept reg car thinking it was March when the new rules kick in, so my new plan will be to buy 6mths tax in March, then in April return the disc to buy a 12mth disc under the new prices. Fingers crossed that'll work & suggest anyone in the same boat does the same & return whatever disc they have in April for a new 12mth one as overall it'll save you money!
    Where did you find this out?

I am just wondering whether to renew for 6 or 12 months. I am thinking that if in March 2009 I am buying a disc for April 2009 onwards, then surely although I am buying in March, the cost will be at Aprils rate? I haven't been able to find anything officail saying when the new rates will start, other than 2009, does that mean Jan 1st 2009??

Status
    Parkers quote it as applicable from April 09