Been scammed on ebay help please

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi,

Wondered if you could help.
Bought Some S3 Recaros on ebay payed for them by cheque cheque cleared etc.
I have the guy's homeline and mobile i just get no joy i think i have an address too he's in Bradford.

Just wondered where i stand with this? Have i lost all my money?

Im giving it another week and if still no seats im going to his home address with a few boys...

Can you find an address with a home number? -DETAILS REMOVED - SEE POST #27- If any-one wants to help a fellow ASN member... :)

Jason

police?

have you tried sending an email via ebay?

don't you have his address from the item listing?

maybe seller is away on holidays?

How long have you been waiting for them?

What happens when you ring him? Straight to answerphone? Phone turned off? Rings out?

What is his feedback like? I think your first place to start is through ebay isn't it?

you must have his address you sent a cheque ? you can request his details from ebay

Rob

whats the timescale of cheque clearing? has he got good feedback?

If you PM me his address, I'll see if I can swing by and take a look.

never use a cheque on ebay fella, seasoned ebayer here so I can advise that 1st

ok 2nd, take Ju's help & ask if he can drop by & ask the guy where the hell your seats are, Ju maybe you can say your his brother & say you're angry with this aswell as his other 4 brothers that the seats havnt arrived, say this is a friendly visit, next time wont be, reverse psychology works most times, trust me, he would never expect you to turn up on door, blag 1st saying your a courier to ascertain its the correct person, if thats doesnt work then immediately register a fraudulent seller & item not received with ebay, then immediately after call the local police station in bradford & register a crime that seller has taken money & they will give you crime number & investigate, then threaten the guy with s**t feedback, then register a new account & keep buying his s**t & leave s**t feedback immediately after buying his s**t, just give the guy hell until he gives you your money or the seats, stuff it I'll ring them aswell, I hate mofo's like this on ebay, really cheeses me of these fraudsters who take & run.

whats the item number & seller & his cell number, lets all ring the chump & warn him to refund as 20 people ringing & saying refund or send the seats would make him think urm this isnt good, come on guys 20 different people ringing, wouldnt you poo your pants if we all quote his home number & address.

never use a cheque on ebay fella, seasoned ebayer here so I can advise that 1st

ok 2nd, take Ju's help & ask if he can drop by & ask the guy where the hell your seats are, Ju maybe you can say your his brother & say you're angry with this aswell as his other 4 brothers that the seats havnt arrived, say this is a friendly visit, next time wont be, reverse psychology works most times, trust me, he would never expect you to turn up on door, blag 1st saying your a courier to ascertain its the correct person

I don't mind driving by sussing out the place, but there's a lot of doors in Bradford you wouldn't want to knock on Trust me!!

we should all swing by, lol, do you think they would refund then, lol

I had some Git from Bradford try and scam me on some B6 S4 brakes a while ago.He didnt have paypal and asked for a cheque,told him to go f#*k himself and never heard anything back.
About a week later he was no longer regisered on ebay.

Agree hate dodgy scamming fools like this.

A3 turbo post a link so no one else buys from him.

Thanks for all the help and info on this,

His name is -DETAILS REMOVED - SEE POST #27- number -DETAILS REMOVED - SEE POST #27-.

Home number where his partner and kid are at is -DETAILS REMOVED - SEE POST #27- i presume its
-DETAILS REMOVED - SEE POST #27-

Stupidly it was my idea to send him the cheque as my paypal wasnt set up so my fault really.

Cheque cleared about 10 days ago now and ive set up a dispute with ebay. I phoned him numerous times got an answer once and he said they were waiting to be collected and would get back to me with a tracking number. Ever since then, nothing.

I have him home number so surely i can get an address from that? Im pretty sure its -DETAILS REMOVED - SEE POST #27-.

Thanks again

Jason

name a time and place guys... im in pudsey always up to help a fellow audi owner out..! ..:)

Just to play devils advocate here: I appreciate you are feeling let down and it's his fault, BUT before you go posting his details all over the internet perhaps we should consider that maybe something big has gone wrong in his life - agreed he should have given you a quick call to let you know but you don't know what could have happened. Especially as his previous feedback is good.

Just a thought .....

Well the guy has had the cheque since the 6th and ive spoken to him since just kept fobbing me off so i dont think anything's wrong.

Is there any-way you can trace an address to a landline?

I have a suspicion the address i sent the cheque to is different from his home address.

-DETAILS REMOVED - SEE POST #27- If any-one could supply an address for that number that'd be great!

Jason :angrymod:

Just to play devils advocate here: I appreciate you are feeling let down and it's his fault, BUT before you go posting his details all over the internet perhaps we should consider that maybe something big has gone wrong in his life - agreed he should have given you a quick call to let you know but you don't know what could have happened. Especially as his previous feedback is good.

Just a thought .....

Sorry but I've been using ebay for years & even 10 days if something has gone wrong in life is ridiculous & given the evidence so far of phone calls etc, your thought is very unlikely fella, sorry to be blunt but its obvious at the moment the guys trying his luck

Jason whats your surname, I'm gonna ring this guy for yer, anyone popped by as yet?

jason do as advised already with Police cause they actually will go there & also check the records for the guy if any previous, also call your bank & advise them & see if they will follow up with his bank, see what bank it was cashed with etc etc.

i hope you sort this out
I got scammed £180 but there is quite alot more
In the end as im from cardiff and i bought stuff from london (abit too far to go) i asked a friend and family member from east london if they go sort it out for me got the items for me and gave me £100 back haha
I was waiting about 3weeks. He gave me good feedback while i gave him sh*t feedback haha :)
good luck :thumbsup:

if someone does want to visit him, if you look at the pics on the ebay advert, look around for what looks like a black pug? could give a clue as to which his house might be.

cant believe this, bought a brand new a3 sebring exhaust backbox retail at £372 and won it for £62 on sunday, still not arrived yet so after reading this ive looked and guess what!

item location : Bradford!

not impressed, emailed him couple of days ago but no reply as of yet! feel for ya mate i really do... ;-(

Thanks guys,

Finally got him to answer his mobile he told me there on a pallet in his warehouse i asked why its taken so long and he gave me some story that hes been ill in bed all week etc.

He reckons hes getting a courier in on monday to collect them and its a 3 day service? So i told him im phoning him on monday to get a tracking number if i have no joy i'll be going up there to pay him a visit!

I sent the Cheque to -DETAILS REMOVED - SEE POST #27-. The house number i have for him is -DETAILS REMOVED - SEE POST #27- so im guessing that matches the home address?

Thanks for every-ones help i just hope i dont lose the money as its quite hard to swallow at my age!

Jason

he wont be getting a courier to collect from him on monday, why, because its a bank holiday. glad you got thru to him tho.

i bought some wheels on ebay, agreed on cash on delivery then couldnt contact the seller for 2 weeks. now hes telling me that he has to relist them cos i cant get them til next saturday. think he werent happy with the £310 winning bid and now hes trying to get out of it.
ebay is full of timewasting and scamming ******.

Right guys, I've removed names, telephone numbers and addresses from this thread because should an angry party (whether guilty or not) discover their details have been bounded about this site, we could be staring down the barrel of some pretty harsh litigation. The upshot of that in the worst case could quite simply lead to such massive punishment (read: fines) that ASN might vanish; so I hope you'll all understand the motive for doing this. It's simply self-preservation, or rather group-preservation.

I've left the details of the eBay auction and eBay seller-ID so that there is enough information to prevent any more of our number being in the regrettable situation that Jason has found himself in; but only using details that are a) in the public domain (read: not private) and b) not limited to availability on ASN.

For future note, I (and I'm sure other mods/admins) am quite happy to have threads warning other members of potentially fraudulent activities to which they may fall victim, but please be careful about the details you post to the public boards - put simply, eBay IDs, auction links, and general web-URLs should be fine, but more personal/private details should be kept off the public boards.

Now, further to TDI's enquiry - have you had any joy in resolving the situation Jason? I honestly hope so mate...

Thanks and regards,

Rob.

PS> I agree that the subject matter is particularly emotive, but I've removed the more colourful language from posts too. Please try to keep things a little less blue chaps. Worth noting that A3 Turbo himself, the victim, managed not to swear in any of his posts...