Courtesy Car

Wai-Fan

Reaction score
My A3 is off to the dealership to have my suspension looked at on Monday. They say it will take about half a day or so and they asked me my age to see if they can get me a courtesy car and as I'm 19, they can't get me one as I have to be at least 21 :3sadwalk:. I heard of some dealerships that give courtesy cars to under 21's but is there no chance of me getting a courtesy car???

I dont know really, I guess no means no - their insurance will only cover drivers of 21 and above. You could always ask if they would consider insuring you if you agreed to a higher excess, or even paid an amount on the day for additional insurance? Or put their car on your policy for a day if they would let you? At the end of the day its gonna cost you a fair chunk either way so you would need to ask is it worth for the priviledge of swanning around in their motor for half a day .....

Think your self lucky, my stealer (preston Audi) is under 25's aint allowed. But this flexible! My missus is 24 and i said "look, she needs to use the courtesy the car while ours is in so just sort it!"

It's better than Bedford Honda, they can provide a car but they won't insure you on it. No problems if you're insured to drive other cars but if you're not it's a pain in the ****.

It's better than Bedford Honda, they can provide a car but they won't insure you on it. No problems if you're insured to drive other cars but if you're not it's a pain in the ****.

my bodyshop does that but the stealers just give you the car but they are both owned by Listers?!

You're 19 and driving a brand new Audi! **** me I had a 10 year old Polo when I was 19

Oops, nopes, just realised my sig is a bit misleading. It's actually an 04 plate but the year in the sig is when I had my car. I'd rather have a 2nd hand S-Line than a brand new Sport anyway!

Hmmm anyways, guessing I'll be walking from the dealership into town on monday then :(

Wai-Fan ask them to drop you to your location as they normally do that and will pick you up if you ask them and they cant provide a courtesy car

Better than when I got told age doesn't matter (rang up the dealership before I booked in the service) then got there signed the documents and then got told... "hang on you're under 21" .. "Yes I am which is why I checked before hand and got pretty much laughed at for asking if there was a minimum age for courtesy car" ... Anyway they offered to drop me off which was no good as I have to drive to different offices for work. Ended up getting booked in for a saturday a month and a half onwards and they gave me £100 off for them wasting my time (therefore I will still take my car there as it was one persons f*ck up but they did well to sort it)