JMB RetrofitsBadger5

Thread: Craig Jones

2nd Gear

Status

Craig Jones

not a nice thing to witness which was live on eurosport at the weekend, thoughts going out to his family and friends
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/050820...1985-2008.html
    03' S4
    00' A4 1.8TQS (sold)
    Seat Ibiza GTI (track day car) (sold)
    Seat Leon (her car)
    DRZ 400S

2. # ADS
    ADS

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    Yes, been posting on a biker site about this. I watched the recording later on sunday and was very very shocked at the accident, by far the worst thing I have ever seen. Im used to seeing bikers moving after they've had an off, even if its to clutch something thats hurting but to just see his body spinning limp across the track & then not moving when he stopped was horrific, made worse by the camera closing in on him briefly before being panned away so you could see his eyes closed. A very sad day for english sport imo, he was having the race of his life. I feel sorry for Andrew Pitt who actually hit him, cant imagine whats going through his mind right now.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

1st Gear

Status
    i saw the accident on a google vid, and although tragic, i was surprised at how unspectacular it was. now please dont get me wrong, it WAS a big accident, and had obvious tragic consequences, but it was almost like he just laid it down and sorta slid off.

it wasnt as if there was legs/arms/machinery going everywhere. i used to follow speedway, and used to see quite spectacular crashes, people locking up and going over the top, into barriers, colliding with other bikes, and they got up and were back out for the next race.

i agree with you nicky about the other rider who clipped him. he will always have that nagging "what if i didnt" to live with.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Such a shame to hear about things like this.....a waste of a life hey

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dansansome View Post
    i saw the accident on a google vid, and although tragic, i was surprised at how unspectacular it was. now please dont get me wrong, it WAS a big accident, and had obvious tragic consequences, but it was almost like he just laid it down and sorta slid off.

it wasnt as if there was legs/arms/machinery going everywhere. i used to follow speedway, and used to see quite spectacular crashes, people locking up and going over the top, into barriers, colliding with other bikes, and they got up and were back out for the next race.

i agree with you nicky about the other rider who clipped him. he will always have that nagging "what if i didnt" to live with.
    For me it wasnt the violence of the accident that made it horrific, as there wasnt much really being a high speed low side basically. It was just seeing his body spinning across the track totally limp that got me. I've seen a good few accidents during races before & they alway move again, he just didnt move. Plus you could see his eyes when he'd stopped due to his visor being ripped off, chilling...............

Thankfully youtube have removed this footage now im led to believe but for those who didnt see it and are intrigued i'd beg of you not to go looking for footage, it cant be nice for his family to think people are watching it.

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

1st Gear

Status
    unfortunately plenty of links on youtube currently, i just went and had another look before my last post...

Status
    Guess some sicko's out there are relisting their own versions as quickly as they get taken down, sad really.

Derv Power

Status
    Was going to watch this race, but was coming back from Preston so missed it. This is the first i have heard of this, i must have my head in the sand.
    Youtube are still showing footage, i had a look not in a sick way but intrigued to see how it happened, he must have hit hard and been knocked out straight away.
    Such a loss of talent at a young age, RIP Craig.
    Black LCR now gone

Blue A4 Avant in its place