Anyone been to the Silverstone Classic this weekend?

benw123

Reaction score
Just got back in from an excellent day out at Silverstone watching the classic racers. There was everything from F1 all the way back to the earliest racing cars plus Group C Le Mans, GT Sports cars and a historic Porsche Cup race.

In between there was a large infield with several owners clubs, including large Aston Martin and Caterham displays, but even better you could get close up to all the cars being raced and speak to the teams that run them.

Also saw a Group C Mercedes car that Michael Schumacher once drove get totalled, but that's why people watch motor racing ... isn't it?

I went with my Dad who'd laid on some tickets for some of his business customers, and was a bit unsure if I'd enjoy it beforehand (I like F1 and used to really be in to the BTCC), but it was a great day out. The noise of some of those old cars was amazing, and watching the drivers wrestle them round the GP track was real entertainment.

I watched it on Motors TV and what I saw was good, I missed the group c cars and F1 though