R8 v GT-R

According to the story posted over on the GTR OC UK forums, the driver of the Audi R8 following this Nissan loaned GT-R could not stop in time and ran into the back of it. This occured while shooting for an upcoming Top Gear Magazine issue on the Isle of Man.

Brakes a little too good sometimes it seems?
Update: The guys at CarTribe say this is indeed the same GT-R that the Stig had out on the Top Gear test track. We also know that the black beast (the only GT-R officially imported by Nissan UK so far) was quickly repaired and is now back to normal, as can be vouched for by anyone who saw it run at the Goodwood Festival of Speed just a few days after the accident.

Poor Audi having to scrape bits of Datsun off its front.

Wouldn't want to be th epoor sod that has to phone Nissan/Audi and tell them about the little incident.

Hi is that Nissan/Audi?
Yes
You wouldn't believe what happened today

Anyone got any pics of the R8???

I think that about many ***`s

butthump.gif

:)

was it an r8??

if you look at this i dont see an r8 but do see an rs6 avant???............maybe some got cars mixed up?

unless its the car between the gt-r and the merc? its very hard to tell what that is but i dont think its an r8........

http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/2008/07/04/top-gear-invade-the-isle-of-man-with-the?blog=4

The yellow car definately isnt an R8, you can see a vent on the trailing edge of the front wing which the R8 dosent have, plus I dont think you'd be allowed to have an R8 in bright yellow, they'd just laugh at you and kick you out of the show room!! It was very wet though in those pics so probable the mystery R8 just skid due to the conditions. One other consideration after looking at the damage to the back of the GT-R, the R8's bonnet is very sloped so if it was an R8 that run into the back of the GT-R how come there's damage so high up on the GT-R? Could well of been the RS6 that did it...............