THE BEAUTY OF SCOTLAND

jr001

Reaction score
While most of the UK was basking in cool temperatures and heavy rain, I spent the last week having a relaxing break from it all in Lochgoilhead, Argyllshire. The weather was warm and mostly sunny.

This place has special memories for me dating back 26 years. Our school had a cottage there and our year group stayed there quite regularly when the outdoor activities legislation was much more relaxed. This was my first visit back in all those years.

It is only 2 hours drive from my home, but is at the end of a 5-mile single track road off the main road making it remote enough to leave it largely unspoiled. It has the character and appearance of a typical Scottish Shangri-La.

I hope you like the photos.

hol01.jpg

hol02.jpg

hol06.jpg

hol06c.jpg

hol07.jpg

hol08.jpg

hol09.jpg

hol10.jpg

hol11.jpg

hol12-1.jpg

hol13.jpg

hol14.jpg

hol15.jpg

hol16.jpg

hol17.jpg

hol18.jpg

hol19.jpg

hol20.jpg

hol21.jpg

hol22.jpg

hol23.jpg

hol25.jpg

hol26.jpg

hol28.jpg

hol29.jpg

hol30.jpg

hol31.jpg

lochrest.jpg

hol32.jpg

Hope you liked!

JOHN:thumbsup:

Fantastic pictures mate. Looked like you all had a great time. Lovin those cottages too.

I havent been to Scotland for years, but I keep seeing pictures that make me want to go back!! Loving your pics - stunning weather too!

It's very hard to take a bad photo up there really. Only 45 mins from Glasgow and yet feels very remote. Very relaxing it was and with lots to do in and around the estate. It hasn't changed that much since I was last there 26 years ago.

I havent been yet, but by the looks of your pics, it defo needs a visit.

Looks really nice. We go up to Fife every other year to see family and head for the highlands. The scenery is so nice and the drives brilliant...No motorways.

Took our son over to Mull last month to visit Tobermory, or if you're a Cbeebies fan 'Balamory'. Really nice place and the weather was great. The other bonus is the extra hour and half of light in the evening compared to the south.

Will have to make a b-line Lochgoilhead the next time we are up.
:racer: