Wardrobe + Bed...

Shy19s

Oil running through my veins.
Reaction score
Want to buy a new kingsize bed an a big wardrobe to match..Darker colours, such as Chocolate..

Any ideas where I might find a nice set? where have you bought yours?

Online or shop name.. Price not important, just good build quality, no ikea comments please lol.

Thanks in advance.

Hi shy! I used warren evans or evens, just google it cant remembre the address, absolutly outstanding build and service, 10 year warranty and they come to your house to put it together based in london loads of different colours of wood i paid £800 for my king size. Not sure about wardrobes though never looked but great bed's if you like there styles!

I use Cousins, they are based in Brum, we just got our bed from there and its really nice, as for the cupboards, we just had fitted wardrobes done, they are so much better and really utilise the space we have.

Habitat.

Ikea stuff falls apart.

Ikea stuff falls apart.

Only if you dont put it together correctly.

If money is no object, try Hammonds Furniture, I used to work for them and their stuff ranges from classic designs to modern to contemporary. Its pretty decent stuff and comes with a 10 year guarantee.

http://www.hammonds-uk.com

Hammonds are quite good, but i found them quite pricy...

As Voorhees says, MFI have had a bit of a turnaround lately and do some pretty decent stuff...

If you've got a bit of cash try feather and black. Excellent stuff but tad on the pricey side. My mate works for them and i've got some nice stuff from there.

Only if you dont put it together correctly.

I bought an armchair from Ikea that was pre assembled, as armchairs usually are, and the thing fell apart after about 2 years.

My Habitat sofa is 9 years old and still looks as good as the day i bought it.

Ikea is *****.

Like with anything in this life though, you get what you pay for and cheap never equals good quality.

I agree smitch, it all falls apart eventually, Cheap and cheerful, but i want something to last, for a long time, with strong build quality and feel like zi oodi.

I'll check these places out, thanks for all the responses.

I got my bed from Dreams. Solid Oak and v.v. nice
cloud9.gif

I got my bed from the friday add for 50 quid delivered with a matress then got about £600 worth of poncey sheets for about £100 so it looks more expensive than it is.

I don't fancy the idea of trialing a mattress. I thought a mattress would have been non returnable, a bit like some clothing items.

I bought an armchair from Ikea that was pre assembled, as armchairs usually are, and the thing fell apart after about 2 years.

My Habitat sofa is 9 years old and still looks as good as the day i bought it.

Ikea is *****.

Like with anything in this life though, you get what you pay for and cheap never equals good quality.

Well what can I say, bought lots of stuff from there over the years, wouldnt say any of it is the pricey high end stuff or cheap student stuff, usually mid price and none of its ever let me down so Id have to disagree with your 'Ikea is *****' comment but your right, you get what you pay for....

I agree with unkle.... the cheap ikea stuff is ... well.. cheap. But if you buy midrange ikea items they last for yonks.

Nothing I've ever bought from Ikea has fallen apart, and my oldest piece of furniture from them is a 7 year old dining room set.