Just realised how good my car is.

Andy D

Reaction score
I was away in Kent for a couple of weeks on a family holiday. The whole time I used the wifes' Freelander TD4.

1500 mles later I'm back in my own stomping ground and driving my own pride and joy........What a cracking motor, I nearly forgot how good it was to drive.

Picked the kids up froma local platscheme today and my 7 year old daughter said "Dad everyone in my playscheme said you have a mega cool car", I replied who said that, was it Alex( 7 yr old girl)?

she said "No all the teachers were looking at it and saying it was really cool".

Really put a smile on my face and reminded me of why I bought it on a whim.

Happy Days!! It rocks when people compliment your car, I'm sure most folk don't even notice half the time!!

:yahoo:

A lot of people don't realise how old my car is till I tell them. And they are always surprised how little I paid for it too.

Always makes me grin :)

i love it!! as karl said people dont beleve you when you tell them how old it is.

shhhh it done 150000 miles!

This reminds me of my little one telling his friends what a cool car a Golf GTI is, and I turn up in a 'G' registered Mk2 16V, they will never know how good these cars are. :racer:

I had 3 of my neighbours say to me after i'd sold my A4 that they wish they knew I was selling it as they would of liked to buy it! My thought was, why the heck didnt you say something then, not like you could miss the "For Sale" notices in the rear windows!! Muppets!! Then ironically enough another neighbour did come over when I was out photgraphing the other halfs Astra I was about to stick on autotrader to ask if I was selling that too, done the deal the following evening!!

Always nice to get compliments, makes you feel smug! Got even more "nice car" comments now i've got the little roadster now though ironically!!

That's why I love using works pool cars. After spending a day driving a Vauxhall Corsa/Astra/Vectra you really do appreciate getting back in a car.

I had an Audi A3 TDI courtesy car whilst mine was being serviced and my smartypants neighbour said "Ahhh at last you got yourself a sensible car" :shutup2:

I had an Audi A3 TDI courtesy car whilst mine was being serviced and my smartypants neighbour said "Ahhh at last you got yourself a sensible car" :shutup2:

I trust you "tested the limit of its road holding" as you should do with all courtesy cars!! I had a 2wd A3 2.0 TDI 140 s-line once as a courtesy car from a main dealer, looked lovely but wheel span like a mo fo if you tried anything like a brisk take off, was happy to get back in my quattro A4 at the end of the day!!