Hangover food???

floyd 1.8 turbo

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre
Reaction score
So, whats the best hangover grub then??

KFC for me... large wicked zinger tower meal with corn on the cob and pepsi max. Does just the trick every time

Has to be a full Ulster fry -

2x Potato bread
2x Soda Bread
2x Egg
2x Bacon
2x Sausages

Add some chip's, Mushrooms and Baked beans and a great big feck off mug of coffee. :yum::yum::yum:

Macdonalds for me evertime with a large coke

I dont get hangovers generally, due to drinking litres of water before I hit the hay. If I miss the water tho.. cause Im comatosed on the lounge floor with a PS3 paddle in my hand it always hits me about 1400-1500hrs the next day... I then have the following options.

1. Berocca
2. Pizza from Pizza Hut. (Dominos doesnt work?)
3. The 3 pint rule.

I personally favour option 3, but this doesnt work very well for Sundays as Monday follows and I have to drive to work. Taking 2 days on the booze allows you more time to slowly decrease my intake instead of downing in one night. ;)

Thinking about it... I'd like to add
4. Mars Bar and a flat pepsi.
5. Lucozade and/or red bull.

BREAD BREAD AND MORE BREAD - MAYBE A ROUND OF TOAST TO FOLLOW

ALTHOUGH MANY A TIME I HAVE HIT THE MCDONALDS AFTER A NIGHT ON THE LASH AND A SAUSAGE & EGG MCMUFFIN GOES DOWN A TREAT

I tried a sausage and egg mcmuffin the other day but that didnt work for me at all. I normally go for a bacon sarnie an a lot of orange juice.

Apparantly before you hit the sack after a good few sherbets, 1 paracetamol, half a banana and a pint of water will let you wake up feeling brand new rather than someone has stood on your head all night.

My father in law swears by it.... but for me trying to remember all that when i've just got in from the boozer is not very likely at all.

Some times i can barely remember my name!!!

Yes they are! I have still got the babies head to wet.. have not been out for nearly 3 months now so looking forward to that very very much...nearly forgot what a hangover is like!!!!

Can I ask what the '3-pint' technique is?

My old mucka Cam had a good cure, down 2 pints of water in the morning, and evacuate the contents, shower-taxi-pub. Used to catch 40-winks in the cab, and refill!

I swear by getting up soon as you wake up, brew, water, fresh orange, cereals, trip to healthspa for sauna and jacuzzi or mild exercise, followed by a huge meal & beers, and return to the pub. This is why most Sunday's I only respond to my name, and forgot most of what I have done the weekend, trying to piece it together with call and texts sent/received, and last known whereabouts ;-)

Youve pretty much explained the 3 pint technique...

Basically you need 3 pints the day after, down the pub. It gives you the ultimate answer.
1. 1 first pint is rough, the second gets better and the third confirms your good to go.

2. The first pint is very rough, the second doesnt get much better and the third confims that you need to go home and back to bed.

You arent allowed to go anywhere, (unless its too hurl) until youve done your 3 pints.

I find that having more booze tops the levels up a bit and allows you to bring them back down over more time. Its probably a well know alco trick.. Im just not there yet! ;)

Thought as much, and it is the only way to remove the mental side of the hangover.
Being sick is not nice at the best of times, but with a hangover so bad your head thumps everytime you move, it is something else. Think traffic light aftershoks, and spending the whole next day shaking like a shitting dog lol!
Hair of the dog is probs the oldest and best, if you can stomach those first few!

kippers,scrambled eggs and a mug of coffee.

gotta be grease or high energy food thats what speeds up recovery....
there's a curry house in manchester town centre in the back streets none of it it hot **** splitting stuff its just the best tasty stuff you can get people drive from al over to get there its the best there is i get lamb , chicken ,and cauliflour potato with fried rice and chipaty all for about 550 its the ultimate cure and 2 cans of full fat coke .....
mmmmmmnnn mmmn....

Any food works for me, but I have to start it with a nice sweet cup of tea. Works like a dream!

A 12 hour kip for me and if not its a shed load of black coffe and water. :thumbsup::)

Back when I used to drink often I'd have 2 fried eggs and 2 bacon rashers in a toasted onion bagel with a bit of ketchup and a cup of tea. Legendary....

Sausage, Bacon and Runny Egg sarnie, drizzled in ketchup/chilli sauce, depending on how bad I am, or KFC