Kung Fu Panda

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I just went with the missus and junior to watch this at my local IMAX thaetre, at the expense of watching the F1. Good film to watch with the family with a good few laffs, even though the story line is nothing special. :zen:

Missed Hamilton take the chequered flah though! :sob:

And now waiting for the Tennis restart of the Men's Final.

Looking forward to seeing kung fu panda lol...

On the same subject.. Hancock is awesome... quite funny and an awesome something else which i wont ruin for you. All round good story line..
Wanted is amazing.. watch out for the first scene and the attention to the different sound affects like the viper tyres drifting.. will say no more.

Dont know which one is better, but swaying towards Hancock.. both amazing and definatly two of the best films ive seen all year.

Highlights of the race today is on 11:15 somewhere cant remember :S but its a good one, Massa spun it 5 times!

I want Nadal to win the tennis!

might have to sneak a look meself...

Hancock and wanted look sweet as.... will check em out!

Wanted and Hancock are on my list to watch! As is Wall-E :) Can't wait for that one to come out!

that kung fu panda is childish so my my lad says so I will deffo getting a copy...Oooops meant to say I will be going to showcase and sit in a seat which makes me thinks I'm falling into the beyond and pay rip-off prices for admission/food/drink also the feckers haven't got the decency to do the safety crap in English and just keep the yank one.

Eagle eye looks good as well

pay rip-off prices for admission/food/drink

I agree with the food/ drink being stupidly priced, simply because its convienience food, like any where in this ****** country, service stops, petrol stations, newsagents etc etc...

However.. Wanted must be seen in the cinema, simular to Hancock, the effort and time gone into the detail in creating certain parts of the film cant be benefitted from if you just watch it on a filmed version.. its designed for the surround sound in a cinema, the detail in some of the scenes musssssssst be seen on big screen, for detail in picture and in sound. You have to trust me on that one if you havnt seen it yet..
Think how many millions have gone into the creation of just a single scene and people cant be assed to pay £7 to enjoy it to the full.. 2 hours of entertainment £7, its *not much* if you think about how many people and man hours are involved in making it.
Im strictly talking about action movies here, that have biiig bucks put into them, the rest of them.. i can always rely on my good thai friend for those.

Either cinema or wait for Dvd... dont spoil the film for yourself on a copy version.

Not attacking you voorhees, just a general view point on cheap copies, if you can get it in DVD or HD then enjoy it!

Kung Fu Panda is well funny, actually reminds me of a mate of mine...lol....

Waiting to watch Hancock and Wanted, however heard some crap reviews of Hancock, as heard its not that good at all, however, most Will Smith films are quite good, so may give it the benefit of the doubt.

Also have to agree with Shy, some films just have to be watched on the big screen, either that or on DVD with the proper sound and a decent sized screen, i love the surround sound element of a film, i have actually brought quite a few films, not for the actual film, but for the sound!!!

Also the prices are ridiculous nowadays, especially when you pay that much to walk into a screen with a sticky floor, crap seats and ****** babies whining all the way through a film, why cant you just get a babysitter!!!

Thank God for Orange Wednesdays ;-)

Went to see the new Narnia flick on saturday with the family, enjoyed it and certainly visually spectacular like the 1st one but there were a few things I didnt like to be honest! I never read the books so didnt know the story line, but the film didnt go very far to explain what had happened in the time between the 2 films, which were set 100's of years apart! 2nd'ly the ending was just way way too fluffy for my liking, it might be the way it happened in the books but was a little too fluffy all the same! 3rd'ly, the film was nearly 2.5 hrs long, bearing in mind kids will be watching it I still find it hard that Hollywood keep making such long films for mainly a junior market, our 5.5 yr old was fidgetting about after an hour & had more or less given up on the film half an hour later! Generally a good film, just a few niggles which spoiled it for me a little!

So want to see Hancock as well though, agree some films have to be seen on a big screen to be appreciated, some dont! One tip to get a discount on tickets is to register yourself as a mature student! Im 31 and have an NUS card which costs £10 for the year! As an accounting student I have to be registered to an accouting body, in my case CIMA which is about £60 for the year I think, which my company pays for happily! There are many many bodies out there you can register with for less which allow you to apply for an NUS card meaning you get cinema discounts, cloth shop discounts, theme park discounts, the list goes on! Well worthwhile checking out some random body, applying for memership & get an NUS card out of it!!

well I cant justify paying to go to the cinema now adays, as for 7 quid its nowt like the real cost.

I wouldn`t go on my own so 7 quid x 2 is 14 + a pre film drink 5quid, petrol there and back :) 5 quid any bits and bobs sweets etc 5 quid and a poss baby sitter .... then a trip to the cinema costs 25 to 35 quid + baby sitter :(.

so its a copy for me ......... oooops dvd I mean................

hahah, I hear that... athough due to having kids and a baby sitter we'd probably try and make more of a night, so add on £40 for the evening meals.

Really enjoyed KFP - Jack Black playing Po - " There's no charge for Awesomeness..."!

Was going to watch Wanted at the weekend but couldn't get a babysitter! Hancock's on the list too.

Cinema prices I don't mind too much, the ticket price that is, as it's a great experience watching a big movie on a big screen, but the cost of drink/food is outrageous. I cringe everytime Mrs Stoakseya4 asks for a Coke and some popcorn !

Not getting out alot, it's usually the only way we get out without the nipper !!

Went to see the new Narnia flick on saturday with the family, enjoyed it and certainly visually spectacular like the 1st one but there were a few things I didnt like to be honest! I never read the books so didnt know the story line, but the film didnt go very far to explain what had happened in the time between the 2 films, which were set 100's of years apart!
Was a big fan of the Narnia books when I was a kid; as far as I recall there wasn't much explanation about what happens between L, W & W and Prince Caspian in the books either, but haven't seen Prince Caspian yet so can't say how it compares, sorry.

*Definitely* want to see Hancock on the big screen, and Forbidden Kingdom, the new jet-li / jackie chan movie, could be pretty awesome too. Actually there's some pretty good films out this year, would quite like to catch Ironman too.

Im glad im not the only one that whinges when we "have" to buy nachos, coke and popcorn!!

Guys, petrol station (or supermarket, its cheaper - depending on locality) before you go cinema, popcorn in a bag, bottles of coke, in the Mrs' bag, eat it when u get inside. Its like 1/10th the price.

Enjoy the film without feeling the pain in your back pocket.. any girl with a brain will realise it aint being cheap, its just common sense not to be taken advantage of. prob not what id do on the first date, but im sure most of you guys like me are in long term tings now.

Took my 2 boys to KFP last night, luckily we got a free screening through work. Thought it was very weak. Basically a Pixar version of Kill Bill. No real dialogue, certainly nowhere near enough laughs. Compare it to non Disney Pixar films like Toy Story & Ice Age, which are properly excellent and it's just the same old formula but with no attention to story, dialogue or characters. It felt like a very long trailer. The kids loved it of course but no way would you want to see it as an adult.

got forbbidden kingdom on dvd doesn`t look too good tbh
That's not good to hear :(
Big fan of both Jet Li & Jackie Chan, and was stoked when I heard they were making a film together. Would be a real shame if the opportunity for an amazing kung fu movie had been frittered :( Having said that I did have some concerns after seeing one of the trailers, although the other trailer I saw *did* look very cool.
Oh well, expect i'll still give it a look at some point, but thanks for the warning, I'll adjust my expectations accordingly. *sigh*

Took my 2 boys to KFP last night, luckily we got a free screening through work. Thought it was very weak. Basically a Pixar version of Kill Bill. No real dialogue, certainly nowhere near enough laughs. Compare it to non Disney Pixar films like Toy Story & Ice Age, which are properly excellent and it's just the same old formula but with no attention to story, dialogue or characters. It felt like a very long trailer. The kids loved it of course but no way would you want to see it as an adult.

Agree with you on most accounts Andy, it's definitely a film for young ones. I went to watch it at an IMAX theatre with one of those huge screens and I reckon 60% or so of the audience was kids. As for the apparent poor dialogue, it has to be blamed on dubbed chinese kung fu films, it is called Kung Fu Panda after all....

That's not good to hear :(
Big fan of both Jet Li & Jackie Chan, and was stoked when I heard they were making a film together. Would be a real shame if the opportunity for an amazing kung fu movie had been frittered :( Having said that I did have some concerns after seeing one of the trailers, although the other trailer I saw *did* look very cool.
Oh well, expect i'll still give it a look at some point, but thanks for the warning, I'll adjust my expectations accordingly. *sigh*

Ill try and get it watched and give you a better feedback but it looked like it was all about a boy learning a lesson and they looked to have slightly camp parts but still loads of kung fu action. OTT as usual lol

Ill try and get it watched and give you a better feedback but it looked like it was all about a boy learning a lesson and they looked to have slightly camp parts but still loads of kung fu action. OTT as usual lol
Cool, any more feedback gratefully received!- :) as I said, one of the trailers I saw did make it look pretty rubbish, concentrated more on the kid's "rite of passage" plot thing, rather than Jackie & Jet's kick-a**e martial arts.
Like I said, I'll watch it anyway at some point, assuming there are some decent fight sequences (& it's hard to imagine that there wouldn't be). The only thing is whether I decide to pay out to watch it on the big screen *shrug*

well watched it last night and its typical Jackie chang stuff, start and end are bit naff but rest is run of the mill with a few good fights. Dont think its worthy of a big screen viewing tbh. dvd was just right for me :)

Cheers mate, tbh that was the way I was leaning anyway, tend to save the big screen for the flashy special effect/cgi type movies, big TVs are enough for most movies these days IMO.

Can't see the comparison with Kill Bill AndyMac.

Kill Bill was a story about revenge, following almost being violently murdered, and periodically raped whilst in a coma. KFP wasn't at all. It was about a few characters defending themselves and the local villages/valley against a dangerous foe.

Oh and KFP had a fat cuddly Panda in it too, but didn't have a 6' blonde with an eye patch and Nurse Outfit wielding a Katana...

Just in case anyone wasn't sure!

;)