Clifford opinions?

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Generally I've always steered clear as I've had problems in the past and haven't been impressed but I need a new system on my A4 now I can't get a loom for my trusty Sigma.

I've been offered through a mate a Clifford Concept 650 Mk2 for £180 and he's offered to fit it for a favour and then get it signed off for the Thatcham paperwork to keep the insurance man happy.

Is it worth it, what would I get, should I stick to my anti Clifford guns and opt for a Toad AI606 or equivelent?

Clifford on my Civic was pain, Cobra have been the best for, around £200 fitted last time I had one, never had Toad, had a Sigma that was pretty good but Cobra by the best IMO

But the A4 alarm is cat 1 anyway so why would you bother with another alarm? Check it out any car here, its the list of cat 1 approved alarm systems.

Mines only CAT2 as it's a 96 B5. Doesn't even have remote locking and I like to blipper entry as messing about with keys can be a pain.

OK i'll let you off then!! But as a note to peeps, if you find any car you've got on that list I posted make sure your telling your insurance company you have a cat 1 factory fit alarm as it can make a difference!

Phone Directed Electronic (clifford) and they'll openly tell you if there are any issues with the Alarm and your car. The Advised me not to fit a Clifford System to my Leon as i messes up the car and they didnt have a fix at the time.

I had a Clifford on my old Corrado, it was great unit the heater matrix exploded (common corrado fault). I had the Intellistart, and intelivoice onboard. Aweseome system. (Intelistart will void your insurance in the UK "apparently", i had it fitted as i lived in spain at the time).
I loved the fact i could start my Rado and get the aircon running before getting in the car. I had some great laughs making people jump in car parks, and cats and stuff. Expecially our garden when he was pulling the hose from under my car. he jumped a mile.