Chris NottSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Magnetic Fuel Savers??

Stumbled on this item found this on ebay. I'm not a guru when it comes to car engines but is this for real?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Magnetic-Fuel-...:B:SRCH:GB:101

The Super Fuel Saver is a Magnetic Frequency Resonator for the purpose of ionization. When this device is installed on a fuel line, the frequency resonance generated by its powerful magnetic field will fracture the hydrocarbon chains in the passing fuel causing the clusters of molecules to break a part. This will lead to improved combustion and consequently to a better engine performance and increased mileage.
    A4 2.4 V6 2000.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Oil running through my veins.

Status
    a mate tried this a while ago, but with one worth alot more, he thinks he got 50 extra miles to a tank, 2.0 tdi... i personally think its a load of ****** and not sure if it works on petrol as well. With anything like this the '27%' is an exageration imo.
    Totally addicted to boost.

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    "its powerful magnetic field will fracture the hydrocarbon chains in the passing fuel "

So let me get this straight, a plain good old fashioned magnet, which normally is only useful for pinning the shopping list to the fridge door, is meant to be able to pull molecules apart now?? Err no, as a bull castrator would say at the end of a long days work, its a load of ********!! Your need a little more than a Neodynium magnet, which is normally used to make loudspeakers & microphones by the way, to start spliting molecules like that!

If you want to save fuel follow some of the suggestions cropping up all over the place at the moment like not accelerating/braking so hard and so on.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

Neutral

Status
    They were on mythbuster ages ago...........made no difference at all.
    apart from your wallets lighter therefore saving fuel

3rd Gear

Status
    Might as well put smiley stickers along your intake tract so the air molecules will be happy when they combust, improving fuel economy and increase power!
    World's Fastest S3 Driver - racing old people in toyota camries since 1997 with a 97.6% winning rate.

thats me

Status
    is this along the lines of those spark improvers that they have at shows ???? lol
    red to red black to black blue to bits

6th Gear

Status
    About as much use as a snooze button on a fire alarm.

I still can't beleive people are daft enough to part with money for this crap.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    About as much use as a snooze button on a fire alarm.

I still can't beleive people are daft enough to part with money for this crap.
    Bugger... Better send the 2 I just ordered back then..

BWAHAHAHHa, its just wrong.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boggysv View Post
    Might as well put smiley stickers along your intake tract so the air molecules will be happy when they combust, improving fuel economy and increase power!
    No no no no no no no, this just wont work. What you need to do is to adapt the proven scientific research that stated listening to classical music can increase inteligence for an automotive application. If you fitted a DAB radio tuned to Classic FM to the outside of your fuel tank just by the fuel line you will increase the combustability of the hydrocarbon molecules within the fuel and by my reckoning you will increase horse power by at least 38.264% as well as reducing emissions by a healthy 60.14%.

Trust me, im an accountant!!!

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

6th Gear

Status
    scary thing is that actually sounds more convincing than the bull used to sell the magnetic device. Did you write the blurb for the Eco-tek valve

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranoco View Post
    scary thing is that actually sounds more convincing than the bull used to sell the magnetic device. Did you write the blurb for the Eco-tek valve
    No, but if you like I could sell you a Fuel Injection Volumising Tube (patent pending but if any of you mo fo's try to nick the idea i'll not be happy!!). This is my new invention i've just come up with that will guarantee a totally secret increase in brake horse power, guaranteed. The system works by allowing through its clever & ingenious design an increased flow rate of fuel to the engine, so in those situations when you really need maximum performance, you are guaranteed the engine will deliver, guaranteed. This new and ingenious product can you yours for as little as 1.90 (for a Fiat Cinquechento) rising to 415.25 for any Audi application.

Anyone who's a member of this site however can have a 15% discount, so any takers??!!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickynibbles View Post
    No, but if you like I could sell you a Fuel Injection Volumising Tube (patent pending but if any of you mo fo's try to nick the idea i'll not be happy!!). This is my new invention i've just come up with that will guarantee a totally secret increase in brake horse power, guaranteed. The system works by allowing through its clever & ingenious design an increased flow rate of fuel to the engine, so in those situations when you really need maximum performance, you are guaranteed the engine will deliver, guaranteed. This new and ingenious product can you yours for as little as 1.90 (for a Fiat Cinquechento) rising to 415.25 for any Audi application.

Anyone who's a member of this site however can have a 15% discount, so any takers??!!
    Oh, Oh, can I have two please?

thats me

Status
    my invention is a custom made one off block ( inc audi logo ) that fits under the acc pedal, slight loss in performance but greater mpg ...............
    red to red black to black blue to bits

6th Gear

Status
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    my invention is a custom made one off block ( inc audi logo ) that fits under the acc pedal, slight loss in performance but greater mpg ...............
    Aww dammit. Now I can't decide wether to go for performance or economy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by karl7900 View Post
    Oh, Oh, can I have two please?
    You want 2, darn it, that means i've got to go down to Homebase & buy another piece of hosepipe, errr I mean the raw materials to manufacture this wonderful item!!!

Born to Fish

Status
    Utter junk Bout as much good as a chocolate fireguard
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.