Golf Bygone said ...

wigginer

Reaction score
BTW As.net's not very interesting right at the mo or maybe it's just me...

I tend to agree! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

Anyone got any trivia to share or did anyone do something (remotely) exciting over Easter/May Bank holiday.

Anyone going anywhere 'nice' for their Summer Hols (or Vacation stateside)?

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:
BTW As.net's not very interesting right at the mo or maybe it's just me...

I tend to agree! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, and there was me thinking no-one noticed that little comment appended to the end of that post... You're right let's get some non-car-obsessed things going again.

well totaly off the subject from hols, but I could do with some nu tunes for the motor! any suggestions on what's hot at the moment? I like pretty much everything, particularly the likes of Mr Scruff, Hendrix, Nightmares on Wax, Dj Shadow to name a few........what tickles other fellow audi drivers' ears? lil ravers - sorry, that's a no no for me!

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
well totaly off the subject from hols, but I could do with some nu tunes for the motor! any suggestions on what's hot at the moment? I like pretty much everything, particularly the likes of Mr Scruff, Hendrix, Nightmares on Wax, Dj Shadow to name a few........what tickles other fellow audi drivers' ears? lil ravers - sorry, that's a no no for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Try fixing a mike under the bonnet and feeding the engine noise through the Bose. Open the windows and turn the volume up full. That'll turn some heads.

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Golf Bygone said:
Hey, and there was me thinking no-one noticed that little comment appended to the end of that post...

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually nobody pays attention to what you say... this must have been an exception! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

cheeky fekker!!

[ QUOTE ]
MingBlueMagic said:
I've been listening to Kruder & Dorfmeister's K&D Sessions and Alex Reece's So Far. Keep meaning to dig out Smoker's Delight and Entroducing as I haven't listened to them in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah - a nice taste in music u have my friend! K&D sessions is ace - you heard any of the peace orchestra stuff? well worth it! Alex Reece - that worth a listen? is it of the same genre?

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
[ QUOTE ]
MingBlueMagic said:
I've been listening to Kruder & Dorfmeister's K&D Sessions and Alex Reece's So Far. Keep meaning to dig out Smoker's Delight and Entroducing as I haven't listened to them in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah - a nice taste in music u have my friend! K&D sessions is ace - you heard any of the peace orchestra stuff? well worth it! Alex Reece - that worth a listen? is it of the same genre?

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone suggest a good P2P carrier other than kazaa lite resurrection?

[ QUOTE ]
that wigginer said:
did anyone do something (remotely) exciting over Easter/May Bank holiday.

Anyone going anywhere 'nice' for their Summer Hols (or Vacation stateside)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got back from a week in Noo Yoik. It's an amazing place - everything you could expect and so much more besides. I was surprised just how friendly and easy going every one was.

Dan

[ QUOTE ]
dbm said:
I was surprised just how friendly and easy going every one was.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the classic image the popular media tries to project. You cannot believe everything you see on TV ...

Sounds like you had a great time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

It was excellent. And the most amazing thing to think about is that, when you look at the pictures, the WTC towers were twice as big as anything else in the city. That's a pretty mind-blowing thought.

Dan

Did you get to the site of the WTC towers. I heard they were going to redevelop it as a memorial park or similar?

There is an exhibition showing what they plan to build on the site. There will be a single, tall tower to replace the two lost ones. In office terms it will be smaller than the old towers, but on top of it is a large glass structure that will make it higher overall than the old buildings. Quite tasteful. There will also be a commemorative garden with reflective pools that cover the footprints of the original towers.

Makes you realise just what happened on 9/11.

Dan

Bukem, of course - I've been trying to decide what to listen to next. I think he'd be ideal, laid back, trancy, shouldn't make my foot heavier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Spot on with the pattern I think, I see silver leather and RSTTs too.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Get some mo-wax on your system, can't go wrong. Old but solid.

'freq nasty - bring me the head of freq nasty' is well worth a listen, although it may well be a bit dark in places for a casual lsitener.

Jori Hulkkonen is good, but only a mix - the CD's aren't all that great.

'mice parade - all roads lead to salzburg' another one I'm listening to at the moment.

Too many to list really! I listen to a fair bit of electronica also so if your interested give me a shout.

safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MingBlueMagic said:

Spot on with the pattern I think, I see silver leather and RSTTs too.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yup - I was after the blue silver combo, everyon else said go for the black, but I prefer the silver! yeah TT's ace fandabbydozy too! good stuff ma man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Excursion. freq nasty are quality! It's so good to find some guys with a broad taste in music, it makes me wonder about the psych of an audi driver's mind..............ah - lol well not for too long of course! but it is nice to hear some people have heard of something different to that of westlife!

I may be in touch excursion - I may be in touch.

...........................boomin back atcha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
just read the spec on ya car excursion, good stuff! how on earth u manage to afford that being a stoodent?! and may I ask what ya studying? ...........the life of a student eh? well easy! I miss it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...this has been my placement year, so that's helped no end. I also build turbocharged engines for people, so that's brings in a few pennies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm studying 'multimedia communications'; computer networks, network security, web technologies (hard & soft) etc etc.

Yes being at uni is such a laugh isn't it? I can't wait to get back in October /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm hoping they do a few more nights like Sonic in the Fire Station. What a great venue, cheap entry, cheap beer and no townies - except for me of course but my GF's a student at Bournemouth so it doesn't really count.

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
[ QUOTE ]
MingBlueMagic said:
I think I've only been to the K once. Not bad but pretty damned expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's true. The Great Escape is good - that's cheap, but good nights (musically) are few and far between. Of course it's always cheaper when you start at your house and then head straight out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn it I want to be back on full health and ready to get out and party! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif well at least the weather is getting better. I wish I was back with the stoodents - perhaps I should do a masters or another course, although it's so expensive these days wouldn't be able to afford the mota...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif lol think I'll stick to employment.

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
Damn it I want to be back on full health and ready to get out and party! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif well at least the weather is getting better. I wish I was back with the stoodents - perhaps I should do a masters or another course, although it's so expensive these days wouldn't be able to afford the mota...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif lol think I'll stick to employment.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up buddy?

HAHA That's my trick, I'm going to do a masters in Advanced networks. I can earn enough from engines to keep me ticking over.