TOP GEAR

The R8 - cooeee what a motor!

I was in tears larfing at the Clarkson "police Car" pulling over the Stig in the old Beamer ....with his boadacias......

The R8 - cooeee what a motor!

I was in tears larfing at the Clarkson "police Car" pulling over the Stig in the old Beamer ....with his boadacias......

See what too much unsprung weight does for the handling...

Cheers,

I just wanted to see the Scud on the track! I also like how he tells us all to buy an R8 to save on fuel! lol

I wish I had wacthed this instead of the dour Spain/Italy game.

Oh glad its being repeated, i was looking for the repeat but couldnt find it, i was shattered and fell asleep!!!

As soon as Jeremy says "we were given £1000 and told to go out and buy..." you just know it's going to be a classic.Without question the best programme on television.

Watched it last night, luckily i'd set series link to record it as didnt make it home in time to watch it following my bike accident on the M1 (see other thread in general section!). Loved the mick take of the repeats on Dave, & the fuel economy testing. Was a surprisingly accurate & truthful look at how its not just what you drive but how you drive it, interesting revelations about the Prius & the costs related to the manufacture of the battery cells in the car! Had tears watching the cop car bit, just loved the casual attitude where the camera man, James & richard step out of the way of the wheel that flew off Clarksons car at high speed!!! Glad its back on!

I'm glad i choose top gear instead of footy.
It was a hard choice but the right one.
Did flick over to watch the rest of the game after though...

Just to let you peeps know that the RS6 vs Skier will be on Top Gear this Sunday at 8!

Coss

Was in Agnews in Belfast today collecting a new sump for my car and they had a new RS6 and an R8 sitting right beside the parts desk.

If I had to choose between them I think I'd have to take both.:drool:

Was in Agnews in Belfast today collecting a new sump for my car and they had a new RS6 and an R8 sitting right beside the parts desk.

If I had to choose between them I think I'd have to take both.:drool:

I sat in an RS6 at Poole Audi last week - if I HAD to - it would be that - just for the irony of having an estate car that went so quick - I would have the fastest Labrador in the West lol

Topgear should be good tonight. As already stated the new RS6 is being driven tonight.
bouncy2.gif

Apparently we're all *****! lol :)

Whats was tonights like? Format is starting to feel a little tired for me & the first one last week was pretty dull until the Police thing when it perked up a little. Top Gear stunt man - naah, the dog was more interesting! Or even the fat bloke from the first series!
For me, its certainly not the must watch it once was, although its saved on the Humax until I get a bit of time. I'll still watch it of course but it could do with a refresh of ideas imo. Not much else as competition as well.

Yeah I knew they were going to say audi at that point of the show as they are getting a lot more popular now. Will be down to a lot of the advertising Audi do in films etc now also.

The CLK looked so nice, £100k is a lot though.

Apparently we're all *****! lol :)

Surely he meant just RS4 drivers. Though TBH if I was driving round in an RS4 I wouldn't give a **** what anyone was calling me
yes-090.gif

Surely he meant just RS4 drivers. Though TBH if I was driving round in an RS4 I wouldn't give a **** what anyone was calling me
yes-090.gif

Lol I thought that - I think he was referring to the fact the B7 shape A4 has taken over from a debadged 318i in the hearts of company car and fleet drivers across the country ....

What do you think of that Mercedes CLK 63 AMG Black Series.
I thought it was a very nice car :tumble: looks a bit like the DTM cars with out the BIG spoilers

yes-090.gif

He mainly ment RS4 drivers and then he said that all Audi's should move down the board. Like you, even if he said all A3 owners were ***** I wouldn't give a ****. He changes his mind every day on things so we'll soon see them go in the DB9 fridge which is currently empty! lol

I thought the Merc looked quite nice. As whitey said, you can see a bit of DTM in it. As they said, this episode was all about cars. No cocking about but we're promised that normal service will resume next week :yes:

Absolutely loved the CLK.. though I'm a little biased as I moved from my A4 to a V8 CLK, sorted the suspension and a race exhaust and just love it, and it sounds simply glorious.. so I confess the merc appealed loads!

Thought the line about all audi's being driven by ***** was a little harsh.. We've all encountered the occasional audi-driving ****, but they're certainly no more common than those in the beemers, or my personal favourite used to be every ****** Passat or Octavia driver who would take one look at the A4 and try to then prove that their car was in some way better! boring, sensible people normally, who almost universally turned into complete and utter ***** at the sight of the A4!

I was a little dissapointed with the RS6 piece to be honest. Its was a copy of the RS4 race JC did against the climbers, but there just seemed to be less information about the car! There was no overall conclusion as to whether the car was any good, other than the fact he kept saying how fast it was! They had it in the studio so would of like to see how it went round the track! Perhaps its rubbish though & they just didnt want to say so!

Did chuckle ref the "*****" comment, although this was aimed at ex-M3 drivers having RS4's instead now. I think your safe though if your a long term Audi owner, they were just aiming the comment at people who've come from M3's!

That Merc though was just another example of Merc tweaking the same old engine to get yet more horsepower and sticking in a modded car and charging a shed load of money for it! They've done it many times before & every time its wowed as a marvel of engineering, but you cant use 1/2 of the power really else you'll just spin the wheels! Bet it depreciates like a mo fo too!!

M3 drivers would rather have their wanking hand chopped off than drive an Audi!
Really stupid logic applied there by Clarkson, just so he could move the M3 up the wall.
The RS6 piece was pretty terrible, and no lap time WTF?

I agree, i would of preferred to see a proper road test of that RS6 especially a run round the track. Why the hell they didn't send it round the track???? :(
Very disapointing Hammond

Yeah i was also annoyed by Clarksons remark about ***** moving to Audi.

That Merc i love, looks so nice but again no track run or proper road test giving us the facts. yyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I soo belive Subaru have rouined the Impreza now!!
As for the Evo, not entirely keen on those looks.

That Merc i love, looks so nice but again no track run or proper road test giving us the facts. yyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I soo belive Subaru have rouined the Impreza now!!
As for the Evo, not entirely keen on those looks.

Evo looked a $1,000,000 compared to that Impreza, how dull was that?!

I don't know why they track test some cars and not others, there's no rhyme or reason to it sometimes :think: Would have been good to see the RS go round :blackrs4:

Ah yes, forgot to give my comments on the scooby v's evo bit. Everyone knew the new scooby is an ugly bag of ***** so not surprising the STi was too! Is it just me though or does the front of the new evo look like R34 Nissan Skyline? Did love the driving skills when the evo was powersliding in a circle around the scooby, very cool!!

I've never been a big fan of any incarnation of either car TBH. Can appreciate how they could be good to drive and their performance, but wouldn't be seen dead in either of them.

Is it just me though or does the front of the new evo look like R34 Nissan Skyline?

I must admit the front of that evo does look very skyline. Especially if you compare it to the new GTR.

And, after Clarksons cool wall comment, if another person calls me a **** I'm gonna smack em!