2 16.67%
  • Worse than 2007

4 33.33%
  • Alot worse than 2007

2 16.67%
    6th Gear

Status

Financial prospects for 2008 mark 2

Just thought I would resurrect this poll from Jan 2007 to see how members felt now about their financial prospects now we have had the credit crunch and the northern rock debacle, record fuel prices and steadily rising inflation.In the previous poll members polled as near as matters.

50% better

20% same

20% worse

10% alot worse.
    Last edited by Olly_K; 17th June 2008 at 17:38.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

2. # ADS
    ADS

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    With my new job im definately better off despite the general increased cost of living. With about 50% equity in our house (at the moment anyway!) we're safe to keep a roof over our heads and not lose money on it.

I feel worried for people like the couple I saw on a news program last week who's gotten married not long ago & taken a 105% mortgage out to buy a home & pay for their wedding. They're now faced with a declining housing market so if they sell up they're screwed! But if they stay in the house they could end up having to borrow to pay the bills and then they're screwed. Basically, its not looking too rosey for them!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

6th Gear

Status
    Mine were looking better, i'm earning more which is better so i've been able to get a flat.

Was gonna buy but i refuse to pay 110/month more on a mortgage now than one i could have gotten 6 months ago so i've chosen to rent.

BUT

My company went into administration last week, which is a slight pain in the ass - so i'm now looking for something else paying the same and giving similar benefits just incase i come in one day and there's no company! which is proving a bit stressful.
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

1st Gear

Status
    was looking at getting off the tools and into managerial, thats gone tits up with the downturn in construction projects and a few guys up here ****tin it around october when contracts are coming to an end. me ,the thoughts there but **** it, life goes on and try not think about it, tighten my belt nah life for living never liked taking advice so bought a 10k van 2 weeks ago and a weimaraner pup for 900 bucks, enjoyin both, enjoy life to the max!!!!!!!!!!!! if it goes tits up not the end , everything is fixable to an extent.

6th Gear

Status
    I feel i'm in a very good situation at the moment and i'm just waiting for the right time to make a big investment. So yea credit crunch still hasn't affected me.
    Built in Germany, Perfected in England

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by auditek View Post
    was looking at getting off the tools and into managerial, thats gone tits up with the downturn in construction projects and a few guys up here ****tin it around october when contracts are coming to an end. me ,the thoughts there but **** it, life goes on and try not think about it, tighten my belt nah life for living never liked taking advice so bought a 10k van 2 weeks ago and a weimaraner pup for 900 bucks, enjoyin both, enjoy life to the max!!!!!!!!!!!! if it goes tits up not the end , everything is fixable to an extent.

Yeah construction industry is in the **** at the moment the local joiner in our village is now working behind the bar in the pub and luckily for him the pub does very good meals,and is trading well unlike a lot of other pubs which are closing in droves.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,

1st Gear

Status
    aye few sites that were selling 4 houses a week now lucky if sellling one a month. guys laid off few companies last few weeks, timber kit guys too, thought it was coming around a year away, not this soon, must increase my lotto output !!!!!!!!!

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    With inflation at 3.3% - my "pay rise" was less than half that thanks to this government - (how can a 'rise' actually lead to you having 'less'?) My wife is on maternity leave and our fixed rate mortgage deal expires next month and the new interest rates are about 1.5-2% more than our current deal!

Thats before you mention the ridiculous increase in fuel leading to huge rises in price at the supermarkets, water rates up, council tax up, gas and electricity prises up ..... well, You get my drift!

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

6th Gear

Status
    I do get your drift mate the real rate of inflation in the real world is closer to 8% not 3.3%

thats me

Status
    well im glad ive 8.5 years left on my fixed rate mortgage, household running costs are soring I reccon I need 1500 a month just to tick over
    red to red black to black blue to bits

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Hard to say in my trade, obviously I'm getting hit on stock prices due to the increase of fuel prices, but I'm not in a position to pass the increases to my customers due to competition. I am glad that people have to eat though, which has made my turnover steady, so I'm not complaining yet.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400