Just back from my hols...............sucks to be home!!

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Reaction score
Just back from a excellent week away with missus & nipper in Turkey, had a lovely time in a swanky all inclusive resort, swam a lot, ate a lot & drank a lot........perfect really! Just sucks being home now and wish we'd booked 2 weeks instead!!!

Wasnt sure about Turkey when we booked but thats to Lottie's recommendation we took the plunge and totally glad we did, definately will be going back to Turkey in the future, so much better value than Spain/Balearics in my opinion for a family holiday!!

I know what you mean matey, I came back from 10 days in Koh Samui a little while ago and after about an hour of being in the office it didn;t feel like I had been away.

We didn;t take Sam our 20 month old son with us so at least we had him to look forward to when we got home.

What was the name of the place in Turkey as another friend of ours has recommended it for next year as our family holiday. Just wonndered if it's the same place or not.

J.

Im heading out there with the Mrs in a few weeks, where abouts did you go? any advice etc?

lol thats a good point.. sorry MB we're going to antalia in turkey in a few weeks. Been there before when i was alot younger so dont remember, just wondered about any advice on things we should look out for when we're out there.

I just got back from a week in Dubai!!!

Hate being back, especially as it was between 47-50degrees every single day and hitting a low of 25 at around midnight!!!!

Very clean place, though not much to do really apart from shopping!!! Which the Missus loved!!!

As mentioned, an hour back in the office and it just seems like a distant memory....

However in good ol' Peter Kay stylee.....this time last week i was..blah blah blah :)

I hate the feeling when you wake up thinking your still on holiday and you open your eyes to find your bedroom. So depressing.. went to Dubai last year, Nilz apparently Jumeira beach is like tiny now like its all been baught? when i went it was amazing.. did you see the palm islands?

Shy it is tiny now....

Yea we went to the Burj for breakfast on the morning of our anniversary which was really good, had a full tour of the hotel, which is absoloutely amazing!!! Went right to the top floor, so had a full view of Dubai basically!!!

Its totally out of this world, some of the cars at the entrance!!! Mindblowing!!!

Even wangled a couple of free gifts before we left (no i didnt steal them) because they knew it was our anniversary, which was very nice....

Damn, that is one my favourite beaches in the whole world, perfect sand, and the water is soo amazingly clean, down on that coast everyone is really nice, its only when you go into the city center where its a headache.. we wer going to go to the Burj but was told you had to book 2 weeks in advance just to look around but i cant imagine what its like inside.. nicely done tho.

Luckily we got in with a couple of days notice, was a case of who you know ;-) LOL...

The city centre was a constant headache, with the men ogling any bit of flesh the missus was bareing and with dudes, constantly asking if you want to buy any fake glasses, watches or handbags!!!

The look on their faces after they reel off, Armani, Boss, Versace, Tag, Rado, Rolex.........and i turn around and say do you have any Casio watches, was classic!!!

lol Egypt was worse.. this woman was showing abit of her ankle and no joke, every man in the area was staring at it like it was platinum plated.. was a joke when i went there with my sisters, ended up slapping a waiter round his head for gorping at my 13 yr old lil sis!

Luckily we got in with a couple of days notice, was a case of who you know ;-) LOL...

lol dubai was a last min thing last year, went after we got back from Evia in Greece.. It was all under construction when i went last.. would love to go again when i have kids etc.. see how much its developed.

What was the name of the place in Turkey as another friend of ours has recommended it for next year as our family holiday. Just wonndered if it's the same place or not.

We stayed at a place called Aegean Dream Resort in Turgetreis, about 20 miles from Bodrum. Its a 4* all inclusive resort (although they say 5*, but thats by their standards!). Was a truely lovely place though, chose it after lots of trawling through hotels & checking on tripadvisor.com as having one of the better review scores. Had a great time & would go back in a heatbeat. The Turkish are very friendly & welcoming to tourists as its a major industry, they'll chat to you & invite you in to bars & restaurants just like in other countries. The hotel staff all spoke good english & wanted to engage with the guests, also the management were always there doing things & looking about the place as opposed to sat in an office. Had a great sea view room which normally would cost extra too!Here's some pics...........

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/nickynibbles/JanesCamera007.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/nickynibbles/NicksCamera006.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/nickynibbles/NicksCamera003.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/nickynibbles/NicksCamera035.jpg

Nickynibbles, sounds like you had a really good time, always like going AI as its so much less hassle, but the only thing is, we went to Lanzarote last year on an AI package, but as the missus is a Vegetarian, it was so hard to get any decent veg food for her...i mean even the salads had meat in them!!!

Shy...

Thats not good, esp as we goin there in a couple of months, great!! Will have to leave the temper at home, or i'll probably end up getting locked up!!!

we just booked our 2nd holiday today were going back to cuba again as we loved it a couple of years ago going at the end of september for 10days then were back for til the end of november and away again to hawaii for my girlfriends 30th birthday as shes always wanted to go so i thought id surprise her.

im glad i did after what she bought me yesterday for my birthday, ill post pics of my new toy tomorrow when i get round to taking some .................

Cuba and Hawaii - very nice!!

Pics of your new toy...come on, dont leave us hanging.....its not an R8 is it....lol????

r8 ...........lol i wish no this is a bit more practical for what i needed, and not that exciting really just but it was something i needed (oh and no brand new its a couple of years old)

i could make a game out of this lol

Well to cheer myself up i've booked jsut me & the missus to go to Venice for my b'day at the end of August, its 10 weeks off but at least got something to be cheery about again!!

Shy...

Thats not good, esp as we goin there in a couple of months, great!! Will have to leave the temper at home, or i'll probably end up getting locked up!!!

You going to Sharm el shiekh nilz? if so, it can be enjoyed just grin your teeth and bare it.. the most annoying part is when they try to get you into the shop.. and just some advice to anyone who goes to that part of the world.. nothing has price tags so you can haggle on everything. and these ******** jack up the price like anything..
we bought a number of different things and one example i remember he quoted us some stupid price, we haggled down and ended up paying about 10% of what he quoted.. you have to half the price he's given you and then half it again, and stick to your guns. And thats on everything.. we bought some teabags, and he wanted something stupid like 50 egyptian dolars, and on the packaging it said 1.50 in arabic, and im persian, so the alphabet is the same, and i was like it says 1.50 and he was shocked.. "oh you can read... ok well 10 pounds then" There a bunch of jokers!!

LOL....dont worry im a master haggler, being Indian i think its in the blood....lol!!!

Yea we are going to Sharm, so looking forward to it, dont worry i can grin and bear it, will have to as wont let anyone spoil my hols!!! :)

Good lad, dont be afraid to throw a forearm or an elbow out to one or two of them who harras you tho lol.

Haha, thats common practise with me anyway.....even over here...lol ;-)

Wouldnt have it any other way.. Just a way of life.. lol.

surely you have a Turkish area in Hampshire you could go to so you'd feel like your back there? :eyebrows:
didn't like Dubai and Turkey I hear is not the place to take females with blonde hair under sixty!
Mate went to Venice and said it was very romantic but not cheap.

Come to Birmingham, we ave all countries of the world here...lol!!

Well to cheer myself up i've booked jsut me & the missus to go to Venice for my b'day at the end of August, its 10 weeks off but at least got something to be cheery about again!!

Venice is awful, cancel it (if you can) and go Munich, Berlin or Barcelona...

Venice is awful, cancel it (if you can) and go Munich, Berlin or Barcelona...

Done a few cities already, this was just the next one on the list we fancied! We're only going for 2 nights so will be able to see whats worth seeing & leave before it gets too expensive!!

Besides, needed somewhere very romantic as got a date with a ring & a gondola if you get my drift!! Paris was other option but we both dont really want to go there ever!!!

Nickynibbles....

Good luck......i caught your drift ;-)