Speed Camera Question

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
If a mobile van is parked with a camera, should there be a sign stating that its there or that there are cameras??

Also if its a dual carriageway, the speed limit is 70 isnt it??

Finally, at what point would you get done for speeding??

Thanks in advance....

1. Dont think so
2. 70 on dual carriageways for cars matey, unless stated otherwise
3. Think its 79/80 they usually allow a 10% plus 2mph buffer area but this could differ from force to force

Cool cheers, i think i was literally doing just over 70ish, so hopefully should be ok, but will keep my fingers crossed.....thats the last thing i need!!!

Most camera partnerships operate a 10% +2mph policy. Not because they are nice just because they couldn't deal with all the generated fines. Cars speedo's aren't very accurate either. If your speedo was reading just over 70mph chances are you were actually doing a real speed of probably 68mph or so.

It was either Transport 2000 or Roadpeace that challanged the 10%+2mph in court and won so you can now be had for 31 in a 30 but most police (even the labotomised traffic boys) realise this just isn't practical or enforcable without an awful lot of flack.

Most camera partnerships operate a 10% +2mph policy. Not because they are nice just because they couldn't deal with all the generated fines. Cars speedo's aren't very accurate either. If your speedo was reading just over 70mph chances are you were actually doing a real speed of probably 68mph or so.

It was either Transport 2000 or Roadpeace that challanged the 10%+2mph in court and won so you can now be had for 31 in a 30 but most police (even the labotomised traffic boys) realise this just isn't practical or enforcable without an awful lot of flack.

Yep, 10%+2 is the ACPO guideline but individual police forces can do what they want. I have heard of people being done for 65 in a 60 which is a bit cruel

err, that is 10% + 2...

emotlol_21.gif

Cmon CJ get yourself a calculator....lol...thanks for making me smile about this tho...

Yes, but you said the tolerance is 10% + 2mph, so I'm within tolerances at 35mph.

By your logic I can only be prosecuted if I reach 36mph, and exceed the tolerance, no?

CJ you would think so, but obviously not....but as mentioned, some forces have their own tolerances, so maybe this was the case on this occasion???

Yes, but you said the tolerance is 10% + 2mph, so I'm within tolerances at 35mph.

By your logic I can only be prosecuted if I reach 36mph, and exceed the tolerance, no?

35 in a 30 is speeding though, you can be prosecuted for doing 30.5mph in reality but its whether they choose to or not!

Yep, I totally agree. The police asked me if I had an excuse for my speed, I said nope, simply wasn't watching my speed, no excuse. On that, they said at least your honest and handed me my slip.

Fair enough although given the time and day, 11pm on a Sunday night, I thought it a wee bit harsh.

Such is life...