Floyd Mayweather Retires..

Shy19s

Oil running through my veins.
Reaction score
Retired a few days ago, says that he doesnt need the money, he just wants to relax. How disapointing, was looking forward to the dela hoya rematch.. Any boxing fans out there? your thoughts comments?

yeah i didnt think much of him around the hatton fight, really wanted ricky to knock his smart mouth *** down.. but if you look at some of his work before this attitude came about hes actually a class boxer.

Nice to see hatton back in the ring tho.

Retired a few days ago, says that he doesnt need the money, he just wants to relax. How disapointing, was looking forward to the dela hoya rematch.. Any boxing fans out there? your thoughts comments?

I thought he said after the hatton fight that it was his last fight as he wanted to become a promotor or manager?

J.

Yeah he fought someone in april i think, but he's being saying that he wants to retire even before the hatton fight, but was scheduled to fight dela hoya in september but im guessing thats not happening now.

Who knows what will happen, he even went to the WWE.. maybe he'll go UFC next.. but to be fair there wasnt a boxer who touched him apart from hatton in that first round where he stepped back a few. :sm4:

Its the peak of his career tho, i wish he'd drop the attitude and fight some more. I want someone to beat him.

Edit: but in response to your post, he officially retired on friday i think it was.

I hate him, boring fighter to watch. Fair enough he wins fights and has never been beaten. When ever I see him fight its almost like he doesn't want to fight and just likes to back pedal and counter punch all the time. Hes certainly no Tyson imo the greatest fighter of all time but at present Hatton is my favorite boxer but im sorry to say I think he may have reached the end of the road. His last fight he got hurt a few times from a boxer thats not known for his punches.

Dont get me started on Amir Khan :)

dave i agree with you, however there is a clever technique to the way he moves back, his accuracy is spot on even if he is lacking some power he has knocked down a few big boys, but his attitude lets him down..

Tyson is in another world, i dont think we will see another boxer on his level for a few years to come still..he was an animal, but i favour muhammed ali, since i was a kid ive always been a fan, and was the reason i got into boxing...

i do agree with what you said about hatton, maybe he's just been eating alot recently lol.. i think he just needs a confidence boost, his heart was set on knocking mayweather out, its a mental thing in my opinion.

Im dissapointed with amir khan to be honest.. yeah hes a good boxer, still has alot to proove, its early days still, however.. whats all this about moving to america and firing his trainer.. two words.. Sell out.

Yeah mayweather is in the game to not get hit and win, not to put on exciting fights. Hatton is in the game to put on exciting fights with is why he had the biggest boxing sell out crowd since before the war at manchester arena.

Khan is a bum, he will never be a world class boxer. Wait till he fights a mexican then it = game over!

lol... we'll see about khan..
hope hatton gets back on his feet tho..

another boxer that his name escapes me starts with pak... amazing!