Glandular Fever!

DaveMK^

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just been diagnosed with this, bit of a bummer because I come from quite an active lifestyle. Ive now been told no gym for up to 2-3 mths.

anyone else had this? Are you now 100% as some people on internet sites seem to think they never get back to the same fitness levels as before?

Any positive comments appreciated.

Thanks

Crappy illness. Had it a many years ago and I dunno about returning to original fitness. I had it when I was 16, lost my place in the rugby team, then came back, trained my **** off and got my place back.

Depends on the severity of it I suppose.

i had thgis whilst i was studying for my degree took about 4 years to finally shift it, as really knock you about and put me way behind on course work, so had to work doubly hard to catch up.

you will regain full fitness but just takes time and work, i found that when i was feeling good and not struck down with i would train hard, and then when i was feeling rough i would just stop and rest and wait a month or so til i was feeling better then go back to training.

make sure you have a good diet with plenty of vitamins etc and plenty of fluids..........well it seemed to help me

i had thgis whilst i was studying for my degree took about 4 years to finally shift it i kept having boughts of it, and it can really knock you about and put me way behind on course work, so had to work doubly hard to catch up.

you will regain full fitness but just takes time and work, i found that when i was feeling good and not struck down with i would train hard, and then when i was feeling rough i would just stop and rest and wait a month or so til i was feeling better then go back to training.

make sure you have a good diet with plenty of vitamins etc and plenty of fluids..........well it seemed to help me

Horrible illness had it when I was 16, completely knackered me for weeks ad weeks if you get it bad it takes alot of getting over.

Hi guys thanks for the responses, All your advice seems to tally up with what Dr's have told me. Guess I'll have to see how it goes!

Thanks again

Just dont try and beat it. Let it run its course, or you'll ****** yourself for years!

Been in bed lol!

When you say it knocked you out what do you mean?

The last 10-12 days ive had a killer sore throat, bad head, aches and pains etc. But im getting over that now and feel alot better. I feel tired alot which is normal I understand but I definately dont feel knocked out. Does this mean I dont have it as bad as some of you guys which say you couldn't do anything for months and months?

Cheers

I had it in the 6th form, and nearly ended up failing my entire IB course. got over it in the end, but took several months of feeling like i had just run a marathon! hope u feel better dude :lazy:

cool will do thanks folks :) Quite lucky in that my big boss has sufferered with it also so she said take your time in coming back to work!

Thanks