What Ive been doing for the last 17 weeks

Rocko

TT 225
Reaction score
Ok basically we were approached by the BBC to make a modified car for them for Fintona to compete against another team who were also building a car. Ill post up a better description of what went on, but I havent slept for more than 4 hours since Wednesday so Im pretty fecked. Oh, and we didnt win. We won the professional vote (Mag editors), lost the public vote (voting slip) then a rather uninterested Miss Northern Ireland voted for the other car as it was "younger". Ah well. Time for bed.

The birth of the Caligra (Cali Style Tigra)
tigra1.jpg

tigra2.jpg

tigra4.jpg

tigra6-1.jpg

tigra7.jpg

tigra8.jpg

tigra12.jpg

tigra13.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

Opel.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

tigra20.jpg

prime10.jpg

prime7.jpg

5e880e3a.jpg

b6f54940.jpg

a567a4c4.jpg

e2ce5221.jpg

fe60c372.jpg

show1.jpg

show6.jpg

end4.jpg

And the finished article at Fintona today.
IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg

There will be more pics of the finished car when we get them.

That looks awesome, i've worked in a bodyshop for 7 years now and that looks like a big old job. Great filler work in the rear arch's and bed..bet that took some time to do?? We do alot of custom work and bodykits etc etc but nothing on that scale.. although we are currently re-spraying and air brushing Andy Robinsons world championship winning drag race car at the minute which is a proper bit of kit... 0-180mph in 4 seconds flat!! Crazy! Could post some pics if anyone's interested??
Anyway, supperb job. Well done

Not bad for 1 bodyshop owner, 2 civil servants, an sales accountant (me), an insurance salesman and an architect!

Took us just over 4 months.

Not bad at all then! Look forward to seeing some more pics.
Look out for the drag car pics i'll be posting when the car is done in a week or so

Finally someone has done something cool with a Tigra that did not involve a car crusher!!

Cheers,

looks good! I was pleasantly suprised as I scrolled further down the post, tastefully done dude

Well done mate that really looks quite good and you should win some trophy's for that I expect. I like to see something a bit different and tastefully done

Yeah its to put the wetsuits in.

Or alternatively, fill with ice and beer.