Does anyone know anything about washing machines?

Staz

is a retronaut
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My step mum is driving me mad right now. It's the usual problem with the washing machine, i.e. at the end of a wash there is still watery conditioner left in the tray. Now, I have read that the problem is caused by blocked nozzles so today I'm going to attempt to clean them out.

The confusing bit for me though is how the tray is supposed to be empty at the end of the cycle! The tray holds the conditioner, the water is sprayed into the tray, the conditioner/water spills over the sides, but how is the tray emptied when there is no fault?? Someone help me please as she's been going on about it for a week now (well longer but I have only been herea week) and if it's not sorted my dad will end up buying a new one just to shut her up.

Cheers guys.

By the way, why is this forum so quiet??

don`t quote me but I think the conditioner empties out like a syphon, the rear port can get blocked with snotty soap/ conditioner. Just remove the tray and clean it out

don`t quote me but I think the conditioner empties out like a syphon, the rear port can get blocked with snotty soap/ conditioner. Just remove the tray and clean it out

Already done. She puts it in the dishwasher every 2 weeks. A syphon, hmm, gonna have a look at that...

Calgon??

May not be any help whatsoever, but i heard it does good stuff for wahsing machines, so it may be worth a try....

Calgon is for getting rid of limescale.

I think I have sussed the try mechanism though. The syphon idea is right. Maybe it's just not enough water going through.

You can normally whip the lid of the machine easily enough and get access to the pipes leading from the back of the powder tray. As well as cleaning the syphon, take these off & give them a good rinse too in case of blocked soap powder, they're normally held on with simple clips so easy to do.