Mobility Scooters

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Are these mobility scooters road-legal?
Bicycles are not allowed to be riden on the pavement, but I guess a mobility scooter is? Every now and then, on my commute home along a very busy single A-road, I encounter one of these scooters with an old overweight chap trundling along at about 5mph. It's impossible to overtake him if there are cars coming in the oposite direction. I can see why he does it, because there are no ramps off the pavement for a long stretch along this road where side-streets join, but is it legal? I thought any motorised vehicle using the public highway had to pay road tax, and be subject to MOT etc? He must travel a few miles, because I've met him on various sections of this road and I guess there is about a 2 mile distance between the 2 outermost meeting points I've had with him. Sometimes there is a decent 500 yard queue of cars behind him.

God knows. But I bet his attitude is he fought for this country... I bet he parks it in a parent and child space at super markets as well ;)

Can't say i've seen that many of em about. :search:

What the hell is that ear thing all about with this smiley?!?!?!

Theres some old nutters round my way who drive these things on fast B roads, come round a blind corner a 50 ish and there 1 is plodding along about 2 feet away from the curb!!