Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 71 of 71
  1. #41
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    That sucks dude, sound like our earlier conversation was sadly true.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,919
    my missus was arse ended by a twatto rep without insurance....took two years for the wedge to come thru via the MIB

  4. #43
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,592
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    That sucks dude, sound like our earlier conversation was sadly true.
    Yup, but the money isn't what I want, I want justice for all the drivers who DO pay insurance to drive their cars in the open road. Let's hope they manage to nail him, which means I'm not allowed to repair my motor until something is conclusive wether I can make a claim against him or not.

    Am I allowed to post his car make, model and reg up I wonder?



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  5. #44
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Am I allowed to post his car make, model and reg up I wonder?
    I don't see why not, he might be someones neighbour .......
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  6. #45
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,095
    Jo,

    That was why i mentioned earlier on to take a drive by the address he gave you, that wouldve saved you a lot of waiting about....

    Also there is an MID Database that you can type a number plate into, once you put the number plate in, it tells you if it has anything outstanding eg, mot, tax and insurance....

    I hope things get sorted for you mate..

    Do you not have any Police friends that maybe able to get an address for you??

    Oh and i would post his details up, what have you got to lose at the end of the day, as james said, he might be someone that someone knows....

  7. #46
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,095
    This is the website address:

    http://www.askmid.com/

  8. #47
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,592
    **UPDATE**

    Right, as mentioned above boys and girls, the Police database shows the car that hit my car was uninsured, and that has been confirmed by a fellow friend who has access to the info also, so a date was set for the other driver to go to Court on the 25th November, which is literally just over 6 months since I went to the police station! So now it was a waiting game, I want him to get done in some way or another!! Just yesterday, I finally get a letter from Warwickshire Police to update me as to what happened, and guess what guys, the guy suddenly has insurance documents for the car and hands them into a local station 2 days before the hearing and the case is thrown out the court!
    I mean WTF! does this guy know what he is doing and by playing the game, has got away with it scott free? I've been sent the details of his insurance details of course, so should I persue with an insurance claim for something that happened waaay back in April this year?

    And just incase anyone comes accross in in Stratford/Warwickshire, he drive a Black Mercedes ML270CDI reg plate LJ02HSX, he called himself John Burton at the time of the incident, but his real name apparently, is Noah Burton! Surely just this part alone, by giving wrong information at the time of the crime, is enough to land him in Sh!t right? Is all the Tax we are paying that goes towards paying the Police wages of no use? I'm a bit gutted and sick by it all to be honest, Justice has not prevailed in this case, this coutry is F\/CKED up big time....

    Sorry about some of my language, but I'm sure most of you will understand! B@STARD!!



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  9. #48
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Jojo just been looking over the post. That guy takes the p*ss he should still go to court about this! Yes tax money just been wasted into god knows what! Police, potholes (another storey of my own) etc...This was months ago and he been wasting your time and police time. No need to say sorry about the language. Sounds like a right d*cked...Too bad i live all way in Wales Cardiff. keep us updated and hope your car gets fixed soon and every sorted before christmas

    Ashley

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    **UPDATE**

    Right, as mentioned above boys and girls, the Police database shows the car that hit my car was uninsured, and that has been confirmed by a fellow friend who has access to the info also, so a date was set for the other driver to go to Court on the 25th November, which is literally just over 6 months since I went to the police station! So now it was a waiting game, I want him to get done in some way or another!! Just yesterday, I finally get a letter from Warwickshire Police to update me as to what happened, and guess what guys, the guy suddenly has insurance documents for the car and hands them into a local station 2 days before the hearing and the case is thrown out the court!
    I mean WTF! does this guy know what he is doing and by playing the game, has got away with it scott free? I've been sent the details of his insurance details of course, so should I persue with an insurance claim for something that happened waaay back in April this year?

    And just incase anyone comes accross in in Stratford/Warwickshire, he drive a Black Mercedes ML270CDI reg plate LJ02HSX, he called himself John Burton at the time of the incident, but his real name apparently, is Noah Burton! Surely just this part alone, by giving wrong information at the time of the crime, is enough to land him in Sh!t right? Is all the Tax we are paying that goes towards paying the Police wages of no use? I'm a bit gutted and sick by it all to be honest, Justice has not prevailed in this case, this coutry is F\/CKED up big time....

    Sorry about some of my language, but I'm sure most of you will understand! B@STARD!!

  10. #49
    fingermouse's Avatar
    thats me

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,762
    which chinese does he use Im sure you could make him a special dish
    red to red black to black blue to bits

  11. #50
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    fingermouse good idea ha
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    which chinese does he use Im sure you could make him a special dish

  12. #51
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,592
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    which chinese does he use Im sure you could make him a special dish
    He's probably the type of nobhead who orders over the phone but never turns up! I wouldn't waste my(or anyone's) good food on him to be honest... I'd love to see his car petrol bombed though.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  13. #52
    Just Plain Old's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    **UPDATE**

    Justice has not prevailed in this case, this coutry is F\/CKED up big time....
    You're right Jojo, it is, but there is a cure........

    http://bnp.org.uk/about-us/policies/

    I'm absolutely certain your vote won't be the only one from the established immigrant community...!!
    In my personal opinion

  14. #53
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Just yesterday, I finally get a letter from Warwickshire Police to update me as to what happened, and guess what guys, the guy suddenly has insurance documents for the car and hands them into a local station 2 days before the hearing and the case is thrown out the court!
    I mean WTF! does this guy know what he is doing and by playing the game, has got away with it scott free? I've been sent the details of his insurance details of course, so should I persue with an insurance claim for something that happened waaay back in April this year?
    I don't quite get this. He will need to prove that his insurance was in place at the time of the collision with your car. And if it wasn't this will be obvious from the date of his insurance policy as we all know it is not possible to backdate insurance documents

    For what reason was the case thrown out?

    If he wasn't insured at the time then you can pursue him through the small claims court I would think ....?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  15. #54
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,592
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I don't quite get this. He will need to prove that his insurance was in place at the time of the collision with your car. And if it wasn't this will be obvious from the date of his insurance policy as we all know it is not possible to backdate insurance documents

    For what reason was the case thrown out?

    If he wasn't insured at the time then you can pursue him through the small claims court I would think ....?
    I'm not sure James, the letter just states that he has presented the relevant insurance documents, and that the case never got very far in the court hearing. I shall have to call them up to enquire why it took 6 months for him to present the docs, and why it seems ok?! Surely if the Police was dealing with it all, giving a false name should have landed him into trouble anyways, unless his name is Noah James Burton, then why would he give his second name? or even if its James Noah Burton, the letter clearly says the driver in the incident is called Noah Burton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Old View Post
    You're right Jojo, it is, but there is a cure........

    http://bnp.org.uk/about-us/policies/

    I'm absolutely certain your vote won't be the only one from the established immigrant community...!!

    Where do I sign? lol



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  16. #55
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,095
    Oh man, thats bang out of order...do we go back to plan 1 and do him over??????

    This is really annoying and frustrating, so what happens next dude???

  17. #56
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Lmao i agree :D


    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Oh man, thats bang out of order...do we go back to plan 1 and do him over??????

    This is really annoying and frustrating, so what happens next dude???

  18. #57
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,592
    Stupid Police woman who was dealing with it is next to useless, her job was to do him for driving with no insurance, and that's it! Since he produced the relevant docs, then he is in the clear from the Police, so now it's an insurance matter....

    Got in contact with my claims company again who have said they will look into reopening the file for me, and that I could make a claim upto 3 years after the incident, so long as I have proof!
    I have a police letter with a crime number on it of the incident, I have the other guys 'real' name and his insurance company and certificate number, so it should be downhill from now right?

    I risk writing my car off now also, cos it has a realistic resale value of between 1500-2000max, and that's not even taking into account the recession, but repairs are likely to be over 1k, so can I actually request it to be fixed regardless? I've just recently had the cambelt and rear shock changed on the car with the intention of keeping it, so could I accept any offer they give me for the car and buy it back?

    Need help here guys, never been in this position before.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  19. #58
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,095
    It will be very hit and miss Jo,if its borderline it could well be repaired, but then maybe not, maybe they will just write it off and you can buy it back at a silly price and get it repaired privately, however the car will probably be recorded as a Cat D then.

  20. #59
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Jo dont see why you couldn't buy the car back. It should be no problem they probably sell it less then 1,000 due to the damage it has. Will probably be price at a silly price as nilz18t has said to. And then use the money left to get it fixed? Also will be Cat D then. But you can keep it (how do i say it?) Car on its last legs?
    Sorry not much help mate. Hope you get this sorted soon. Oh and no matter what he should still have to go court or get a ban for driving with out insurance. I know people who been band or dont see why its any different. Any one can get insurance papers in 6months and then re-cancell it when they know there not going to court or any thing going to happen. Police are just Sh*t really to be honest

    Ashley


    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Stupid Police woman who was dealing with it is next to useless, her job was to do him for driving with no insurance, and that's it! Since he produced the relevant docs, then he is in the clear from the Police, so now it's an insurance matter....

    Got in contact with my claims company again who have said they will look into reopening the file for me, and that I could make a claim upto 3 years after the incident, so long as I have proof!
    I have a police letter with a crime number on it of the incident, I have the other guys 'real' name and his insurance company and certificate number, so it should be downhill from now right?

    I risk writing my car off now also, cos it has a realistic resale value of between 1500-2000max, and that's not even taking into account the recession, but repairs are likely to be over 1k, so can I actually request it to be fixed regardless? I've just recently had the cambelt and rear shock changed on the car with the intention of keeping it, so could I accept any offer they give me for the car and buy it back?

    Need help here guys, never been in this position before.

  21. #60
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Oh and no matter what he should still have to go court or get a ban for driving with out insurance. I know people who been band or dont see why its any different. Any one can get insurance papers in 6months and then re-cancell it when they know there not going to court or any thing going to happen. Police are just Sh*t really to be honest
    It's not that easy. He would have needed to produce an insurance certificate proving that he had cover at the time of the collision. Insurance companies will not backdate insurance so if he has proved that he was insured on that day then he was insured. End of story.

    Potentially he could be guilty of failing to stop at the scene of a collision, or at the very least failing to report it to a Police station within 24 hours. The reality is that unless anyone was injured the Police will not have the resources to follow it through unless an injury was involved. As such it then becomes a civil matter.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  22. #61
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,592

    *****FURTHER UPDATE*****

    Finally! I got a call from the claims company after months of chasing and waiting!!
    I claims guy had taken the other insurance company to court, and their client was not being cooperative, as in they could not get hold of him(suprise suprise) has decided to just payout for the claim.
    They have offered to pay for the repairs in full, the quote was for 2 new doors etc. and the bill was 1600 odd..... buuut, they have offered to pay me a cash settlement, which is the 1600 bill minus the VAT, so 1350 odd as an option! I'm taking option 2 mate, a couple of used doors will cost me under 500 fitted, so it kinda makes up for it a little.

    I've been driving around in my Passat with the damage for a long time.... I'm just after resolution now, not too sure what the other guy will get in terms of penalties, but it would seem he's pretty much got away with it from my point of view.

    Hope all goes to plan.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  23. #62
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,095
    Yea well he probably will get away with it, but at least you are getting something out of it, which from your pov is what you wanted really, however he should get some sort of comeuppance for this the fool!!!

    Drinks are on JOJO

  24. #63
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Nice one! Thats a good result after all this time.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  25. #64
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,249
    I've just read this. Nice one, glad you've finally got a decent resolution.

  26. #65
    TDI-line's Avatar
    Uber Post Whore

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    8,885
    Well done Joe.

    2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

  27. #66
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,592
    I'm still waiting for this payout, claims guy said a week, and that was 2 weeks ago!....



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  28. #67
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,095
    Back to plan 1, send the boys round!!!

  29. #68
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,592
    Finally got the damage inspector to pop over and assess the damage(again) and take some pics. I should be getting a cheque through the post soon.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  30. #69
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,095
    Keep us posted dude

  31. #70
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,523

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    And she isn't being written off either? Wicked mate

  32. #71
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    And she isn't being written off either? Wicked mate
    Yeh, that's a bit of a bonus isn't it, I'm getting a cheque which is almost the value of my car under the current climate. Time to look for a couple of doors in the same colour.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO