Pipercross on S3

TanyaS3

Reaction score
Hey all

Well what does anyone think of the pipercross induction kit on the S3????

Tanya

I thought the standard setup was supposed to be pretty good already. I'd be interested to see what any1 thinks of these kits too.

the standard intake is very good.

I wouldnt advise induction kit on a turbo, it gets too hot under the bonnet regardless of shields and cold air feeds, which are useless in traffic.

I tried a friends modded air box for an few hours, but again didnt like the idea of all that heat being sucked up , it felt more laggy low down, and more promenent DV noise annoyed me.

i replace my paper audi filter evry 10K or sooner and still hit repectable RR figures and MAF airflows via vagcom.

Also most of the induction kits on the market are oiled and there seems to be a bad history of oiled filters with the MAF in the Volkswagen/Audi/SEAT/Skoda car community unless you get a stainless steel version that is, which also has a heat shield of some design.

I went back to my original air box after also trying the modded version...........loved the noise from the engine and the DV whoosh!! but felt it was laggy bottom end.

I am looking into getting a small stainless steel cone to put into the airbox. I see it as a compromise between the two.

Best option is a K&N Panel filter on your car as using an induction kit on a S3 is a bad idea - high underbonnet temps and maf issues.

thanks for all your advice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sorry to but in.................but i was told that K & N panel filters were oilled thus had the same effect on the MAF??

they are oiled but not as much and due to the design of the standard air box the maf should not get contaminated.

I had ordered a K&N but then canceled the order after hear about the oil and the MAF when I bought the car.

I just change the paper filter (£7) every 5000 miles to keep it fresh and as free flowing as possible........have not noticed any probs at all apart from not have the nice DV sound