Dodgy S4 on Autotrader

teknobod

Reaction score
Just a quick warning to anyone considering buying this "CHEAP" S4 on autotrader:-

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...e=AUDI&model=S4&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

I believe this car recently appeared on Ebay a number of times by a seller in the Birmingham area. The registration number is S569 AUA, I know this car as my mate has MOT'd it for the last couple of years, and at the last MOT in November it had 144k on the clock or thereabouts. The previous owner had it on Autotrader for £4,495 but I don't know what they let it go for. (It's actually a 1998 car and not 1999 as stated)

The price the buyer is asking is not overly inflated really looking at the price of other S4's with over 100k, but he is misleading prospective buyers by quoting the mileage as 63k.
Not surprisingly, the car has just been MOT'd again in February, presumably to hide the genuine mileage.

Just a heads up if your interested, but it really p's me off when people do this.

Andy

Unfortunately, my suspicions have been confirmed. An RS246 member made a 5 hour drive to see this car and came away very disappointed. His exact words were "clocked pile of scrap".

Andy

To me this ad looked dodgy even before the heads up. A single photo, precious little description and one mobile phone number as point of contact. Wouldn't have given my browser time to load the page before closing it.