iphone unlocking

willnabby

RS-one day soon!!
Reaction score
I've unlocked a 2nd hand iphone I've got but it says no service when I put in my orange sim, anyone any ideas what to do?

cheers.

does it still work with the other sim??

are you sure its actually unlocked?

Do you have a 3G SIM...

urmm.... iPhones... blugh! ;)

I know it's a dumb question but was is "brick" exactly?, it doesn't work on any sim at the mo, I think it's been barred it was handed in a couple of months ago where i work & no ones claimed it so I guess they claimed on insurance and O2 barred it, is that same as been bricked & can it be lifted?

Brick means its ****** and you can't do anything with it, apart from maybe build a small house.

Try looking in this site, they have a programe that'll unlock and jailbreak your iphone but read the instructions carefully

http://www.downloadziphone.org/ and download the program for windows i will tell you what to do step by step:

1: download the program from http://www.downloadziphone.org/

2: connect the phone and go to itunes.

3: click restore in itunes (NOT UPDATE) and it will ask you to backup and update click yes.

4: after it finishes restoring exit itunes and open the program that you downloaded in step 1.

5: click (Do it all!) it will acitvate, jailbreak, unlock.
after you finish go to installer and instal this: BSD Subsystem under System, AppSupport Patch (1.1.4) under iClarified, that should do it.

P.S. Read the instructions on the site, and this will delete everything on your i-phone. Hope this helps Buddy :beerchug:

Yeah ziphone is what I used to unlock it in the first place and it did delete everything, but it still remains barred for the sim so at the moment it can't be used as a phone although everything else seems to work, it does connect to the internet ok if near wifi etc .

yeah that's the site I used to unlock & it did say it's unlocked & ready to use any sim, I think the problem is that it's been blocked by 02 because it'll have been reported as lost, so I wonderd if there was a way of undoing the block?

It would make quite an attractive door stop.

nothing you can do mate, nothing at all its been blocked by imei number

Sell it abroad, iirc it wont be locked on foreign networks.

I bought a Sony phone off a girl when I worked in Iraq, she found it on the dancefloor of some Plymouth nightclub, it worked fine out there and in Germany but whenever I was in the UK the phone would stop working, might be worth trying...

How much do you want for it btw?

They're **** anyway, LG make some much better handsets.

Its all hype and media.

They're **** anyway, LG make some much better handsets.

Its all hype and media.

EXACTLY...though thankfully Will never bought the piece of crap,mate had one and sent it back as he had the same thoughts

I disagree, the I-phone is not crap. It's has a much better program platform than any phone I've seen out in the market. Everything else compared is slow as Shiite and you can't get anywhere near the amount of programs you get with the I-phone.

I'm not a geek but work in IT and i know a few people that have Iphones.

I've played around with them a bit and as a gadget they're pretty cool but i personally wouldn't use most of the stuff on it so i got a N95 for free on a contract and a new 8gb ipod nano and saved myself about £130.

When the price/weight of the iphone comes down i'd probably go for one.

I like my phone to be a... phone.
Symbian OS on my Nokia works fine for me, maybe its not really really fast but it works.

I have a iPhone, but only probably because it was free. I do like it, but don't think I'd pay £269 for one, turns out rather expensive with the contract too....

Although I've have found it very useful, certainly as I use a Mac at home, so can sync everything easily.