Chris NottVolks Autos
    You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Unhappy Missing My Audi Buddies

Ever since re-locating for work I haven't really had the time to check the forum out as I usually do (many times a day) been too busy with work and finding a place to stay. Not to mention looking at buying a new car, so I thought I'd pop by and ask my Audi Buddies for their recommendations, OK I'm now living in Saudi Arabia (Don't start it has it's benefits) and I got a choice of 3 cars:

1) Grand Jeep Cherokee

2) New Audi A4 (probably a 2.0 something)

3) 08 Nissan Infinity Sedan

So which one would you choose? I'm really keen on the Infinity as it's got the most power but I've never driven one before so I need to try it out first but I'd like to get some feedback for what you would go for (won't be surprised if it's the Audi) Ess if you're reading this your in-depth knowledge would be appreciated lol, or anyone else for that matter
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Damn I'm 6 posts away from hitting 2000 posts
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    now 5

Audi S3-BAM

5th Gear

Status
    For me it would have to be the Audi. Predictable possibly, but it is an Audi site. Its the interiors that I always like in an Audi. No other car that I've experienced seems to match them. And I certainly can't imagine the Jeep or Nissan being any where close to the quality of the Audi.

But I am willing to be corrected.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    The interior is the only off putting thing about the Nissan, but I've heard the new on is much more refined.

Damn it just realised I've still got 100 posts to go until I hit 2000

Audi S3-BAM

S3 Drift King!

Status
    You clearly can't count Daf lol, isn't fuel in Saudi Arabia like 5p per litre?, get the Grand Cherokee dude.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

6th Gear

Status
    yeah, Id go for the grand too...

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    lol Yeah Jojo, I'm just finishing work, been in the office since 8:30am and it's doing my head in. The Grand is nice for road trips but that'll only happen every few months, I wanted something with more power and since I remapped my S3 and got it to 250 I'd like to try some rear wheel drive action with 306 hp. Plus I can change the car every 4 years and I'm planning on getting a nice Audi then, and not just a 2.0
    Last edited by Defratos; 19th March 2008 at 14:24.

Audi S3-BAM

Beer God

Status
    Any jobs going? :D
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Hey are they your only choices??

If they are then go for the Jeep, isnt it the bigger the better over there???

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos View Post
    The interior is the only off putting thing about the Nissan, but I've heard the new on is much more refined.

Damn it just realised I've still got 100 posts to go until I hit 2000
    Does that make the audi a 200L then?
    Last edited by karl7900; 19th March 2008 at 17:11.

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    What have you done with the S3 then? Did you sell it?

What's your line of work?

Sorry just being nosey lol!

J
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unkle View Post
    Any jobs going? :D
    lol you wouldn't want one here, it'll do your nuts in

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Hey are they your only choices??

If they are then go for the Jeep, isnt it the bigger the better over there???
    Yup they are sort of my only choices, the jeep is nice but with the traffic here and the way people drive I'd rather have a smaller car, and yes the majourity do "think" bigger is better but this is what heppens when you get a bigger ride:

Saw this outside my hotel in the morning on my way to work, got no idea how it happened, but it's put me off SUVs

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LottieA3 View Post
    Errrr... no you aint! You're like 95 away....
    lol like I said Lottie I had a long day at work (realised a few min after)

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by karl7900 View Post
    Does that make the audi a 200L then?

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_Turbo View Post
    What have you done with the S3 then? Did you sell it?

What's your line of work?

Sorry just being nosey lol!

J
    The S3 is sitting at home (London) covered up, I will still be going back to the UK at least once a year so it'll be there for a little bit longer.

Line of work would consist of working for my family business (hope that's clear enough)

Audi S3-BAM

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    I'd get a camel if I were you, you'd blend into the native population better!!!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickynibbles View Post
    I'd get a camel if I were you, you'd blend into the native population better!!!
    lol Nice one, surprisingly I haven't seen one since I've been here, but then again I should expect a comment like that from a close minded European

Audi S3-BAM

va va voom

Status
    come on tell us more, why family business you got there
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar View Post
    lol why family business or what family business?

It's not smart giving too much details away on the net, I try to keep personal information to myself, helps when people try blackmailing you. Plus business consists of too many things to list

Audi S3-BAM

5th Gear

Status
    Ohhh secretive! lol. You a secret agent or something? O
    004.5 maybe.

1st Gear

Status
    arms dealer ?

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    LOL ok fine since you guys are going to delve into the murky world of shifty business I'll give you a lil more info, it's simply manufacturing and service providers (and nothing to do with arms or anything illegal) although I do like me weapons

Audi S3-BAM

5th Gear

Status
    Hmm, was'nt there a "super gun" a few years back that was trying to be innocently passed off as a bit of sewer pipe!?

Not suggesting that's what your up to

Oh no, not one bit

Status
    Cheap fuel and sand = Jeep.
    It would be rude not to...

Nice and big for carrying illegal weapons and technology.

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

va va voom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar View Post
    edt, why = what
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ess_Three View Post
    Cheap fuel and sand = Jeep.
    It would be rude not to...

Nice and big for carrying illegal weapons and technology.
    lol, I like that Ess it would be rude not to. If I was going on road trips on a weekly basis then yes I would go for the jeep, but I'm mainly going to and from work, and driving around the city (some very nice long stretches) so I'm really keen on the Infinity. I got to test drive one a few days ago and it's very nice. 327HP with some nice F1 style peddle shifts, and it keeps up with my friend's S8 (heavy)

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by karl7900 View Post
    Hmm, was'nt there a "super gun" a few years back that was trying to be innocently passed off as a bit of sewer pipe!?

Not suggesting that's what your up to
    Super gun?

Audi S3-BAM

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    I just did some training on driving in UAE for work, if the training is to be believed, they drive like nutters out there, so get the safest vehicle out the three!
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>