Missing My Audi Buddies

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Ever since re-locating for work I haven't really had the time to check the forum out as I usually do (many times a day) been too busy with work and finding a place to stay. Not to mention looking at buying a new car, so I thought I'd pop by and ask my Audi Buddies for their recommendations, OK I'm now living in Saudi Arabia (Don't start:banghead: it has it's benefits) and I got a choice of 3 cars:

1) Grand Jeep Cherokee

2) New Audi A4 (probably a 2.0 something)

3) 08 Nissan Infinity Sedan

So which one would you choose? I'm really keen on the Infinity as it's got the most power but I've never driven one before so I need to try it out first but I'd like to get some feedback for what you would go for (won't be surprised if it's the Audi) Ess if you're reading this your in-depth knowledge would be appreciated lol, or anyone else for that matter :beerchug:

For me it would have to be the Audi. Predictable possibly, but it is an Audi site. Its the interiors that I always like in an Audi. No other car that I've experienced seems to match them. And I certainly can't imagine the Jeep or Nissan being any where close to the quality of the Audi.

But I am willing to be corrected.

lol Yeah Jojo, I'm just finishing work, been in the office since 8:30am and it's doing my head in. The Grand is nice for road trips but that'll only happen every few months, I wanted something with more power and since I remapped my S3 and got it to 250 I'd like to try some rear wheel drive action with 306 hp. Plus I can change the car every 4 years and I'm planning on getting a nice Audi then, and not just a 2.0

Hey are they your only choices??

If they are then go for the Jeep, isnt it the bigger the better over there???

The interior is the only off putting thing about the Nissan, but I've heard the new on is much more refined.

Damn it just realised I've still got 100 posts to go until I hit 2000 :sob:

Does that make the audi a 200L then?:nyah:

What have you done with the S3 then? Did you sell it?

What's your line of work?

Sorry just being nosey lol!

J

Hey are they your only choices??

If they are then go for the Jeep, isnt it the bigger the better over there???

Yup they are sort of my only choices, the jeep is nice but with the traffic here and the way people drive I'd rather have a smaller car, and yes the majourity do "think" bigger is better but this is what heppens when you get a bigger ride:
Crash1.jpg

Crash2.jpg

Crash3.jpg

Saw this outside my hotel in the morning on my way to work, got no idea how it happened, but it's put me off SUVs

What have you done with the S3 then? Did you sell it?

What's your line of work?

Sorry just being nosey lol!

J

The S3 is sitting at home (London) covered up, I will still be going back to the UK at least once a year so it'll be there for a little bit longer.

Line of work would consist of working for my family business (hope that's clear enough) :footy:

I'd get a camel if I were you, you'd blend into the native population better!!!

come on tell us more, why family business you got there :)

lol why family business or what family business?

It's not smart giving too much details away on the net, I try to keep personal information to myself, helps when people try blackmailing you. Plus business consists of too many things to list :moa:

Ohhh secretive! lol. You a secret agent or something? O
004.5 maybe.:ninja:

LOL ok fine since you guys are going to delve into the murky world of shifty business I'll give you a lil more info, it's simply manufacturing and service providers (and nothing to do with arms or anything illegal) although I do like me weapons :gun2:

Hmm,:think: was'nt there a "super gun" a few years back that was trying to be innocently passed off as a bit of sewer pipe!?

Not suggesting that's what your up to :noway:

Oh no, not one bit :tapedshut:

Cheap fuel and sand = Jeep.
It would be rude not to...

Nice and big for carrying illegal weapons and technology. :o.k:

lol, I like that Ess it would be rude not to. If I was going on road trips on a weekly basis then yes I would go for the jeep, but I'm mainly going to and from work, and driving around the city (some very nice long stretches) so I'm really keen on the Infinity. I got to test drive one a few days ago and it's very nice. 327HP with some nice F1 style peddle shifts, and it keeps up with my friend's S8 (heavy)

I just did some training on driving in UAE for work, if the training is to be believed, they drive like nutters out there, so get the safest vehicle out the three!