2. # ADS
    ADS

Goodie Gum Drops

Status
    Will not work so what is the point?
    Black S3

Newbie in Poole

Status
    If every one has that attitude then it won't work, will it.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko4130 View Post
    Will not work so what is the point?
    I couldn't agree more! I sometimes wonder what the point is in having that website. When it comes to money, I very much doubt if they'll do anything nomatter how many people sign it.

I once signed one for Jeremy Clarkson to become PM but i doubt that'll happen!
    Coss

S3 S-tronic: Panther Black, lots of extras, MTM remap

Status
    It only takes a few seconds to register, so it's zero trouble even if no good comes from it.

Personally, I'd like to see a return to the fuel blockades back in 2000, when, strangely, fuel was two-thirds of the cost it is now. It sent a totally unambigious message to the government, and it really rattled Westminster - shame it didn't continue otherwise I think we'd have got a result.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

6th Gear

Status
    Signed tracieburr,nice call, price of fuel is ridiculous the government are taking the piss badly out of the motorist.If these cretins reduced fuel duty which inturn would reduce inflation the bank of England would be able to reduce interest rates and help everybody.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123 View Post
    It only takes a few seconds to register, so it's zero trouble even if no good comes from it.

Personally, I'd like to see a return to the fuel blockades back in 2000, when, strangely, fuel was two-thirds of the cost it is now. It sent a totally unambigious message to the government, and it really rattled Westminster - shame it didn't continue otherwise I think we'd have got a result.
    Again, I agree with this. Trouble is, everyone talks about doing something big but it never happens! The other thing that I dont understand is, whats the point of a massive strike/protest if you have to wait for permission for it. Go ahead and do it when it hits people most like they did back then!

I've signed about 3-4 petitions about fuel costs and the price has gone up by about 10p since then.
    Coss

Beer God

Status
    Diesel is 114.9p here and yet when I travel round the country I see it advertised in some places still at 108.9p, went clubbing in London at the weekend and it was cheaper in the capital than it is here in Hicksville, Leicestershire. Hows that work?

The duty on fuel will never go down, its needed for all the benefits and tax breaks Labour give to familys and low income people who vote and keep them in power...

Im single and dont earn that much so Im screwed either way!
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unkle View Post
    Diesel is 114.9p here and yet when I travel round the country I see it advertised in some places still at 108.9p
    Luckily I've got a BP down the road that is 108.9p. What puzzles me, theres another BP half a mile down the road and thats at 113.9p! How on earth does this work? This is in Coventry and the cheaper BP is closer to the M6 (granted its only by a few hundred yards) so if anything this is the one that should be more expensive! I'm not complaining tho!
    Coss

5th Gear

Status
    THat's 'part' of the problem with this Country today........ The great unwashed have been effectively 'crushed' by the Nazi NuLabour Government, and have lost the courage to protest,,, for fear of being labeled 'racist' or 'zenophobic' or 'homophobic' or 'Islamophobic' or any other phobic they have now made a criminal offence......

The smoking ban is just the latest example of how the 'sheeple' will just roll over and accept being criminalised by the real Criminals currently running (into the ground) this Country.
    In my personal opinion

6th Gear

Status
    Coss

3rd Gear

Status
    The more I look around the internet and talk to people IRL the more I find that people are starting to get thoroughly pi**sed off with what is happening to our country.

I did start to type a large rant but I've decided against posting it... If I had of carried on typing I would have got so mad that I would have probably stabbed myself in the eyes!

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    I signed the last petition against fuel duty and got the response a few weeks ago, basically same old labour fob off ******** telling you to f*~k off and shut up!! It really gets on my boobs when a polititian is asked a question and they just waffle around the question going over and over and over the same nonsense trying to put a positive spin on things! It then really gets on my boobies when the reporters just let them get away with it. Classic example this morning on BBC breakfast news, they have Ali Darling on and they do their usual 1/2 arsed trying to give him a hard time but basically let him get away with not answering the questions. My basic opinion is that the government just dont give a crap about the general populations opinions enough to change anything they dont want to.

My solution is to boot Gordo & his chums out in a military coup (or a general election if this is preferable!!), put the torries in power (not that i think they're any better they're just the next best alternative!!) and get us out of the EU. Without the EU big brother telling us what to do we can pretty much do what the f#@k we like on stuff like immigration, taxes etc, and we wont have to subsidise the bloody french farmers when they feel like having another riot!!

On the one hand i'd happily hop on a place to Aus, but England is my home where I was born & bred so why should I have to leave my country?? Im not convinced things will get any better in the short term though.
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickynibbles View Post
    My solution is to boot Gordo & his chums out in a military coup (or a general election if this is preferable!!), put the torries in power (not that i think they're any better they're just the next best alternative!!) and get us out of the EU. Without the EU big brother telling us what to do we can pretty much do what the f#@k we like on stuff like immigration, taxes etc, and we wont have to subsidise the bloody french farmers when they feel like having another riot!!
    What makes you think the tories will take us out of the EU?? They're just as committed to it as Liebour and the Lim Dims. But you're right getting out of the EU is the key to a lot of things.........

Here's a link I haven't used for a while

www.bnp.org.uk
    In my personal opinion

My BM is fixed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Old View Post

Here's a link I haven't used for a while

www.bnp.org.uk

A lot of what they say makes sense, whichever way you cut it.
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

Status
    What makes you think the tories will take us out of the EU?? They're just as committed to it as Liebour and the Lim Dims. But you're right getting out of the EU is the key to a lot of things.........
    I didnt mean that the torries would take us out of the EU, I just meant that we should be out of the EU and to get rid of Gordon the gopher, Ali D & the labour masseeeeve!!
    A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone & missed everyday!

Current road going missile.....

........Smart Roadster - arguably the most fun you can have in a car without using lube!!

In two minds

Status
    I'm just going to bend over and spread my cheeks and pray they use lube, there is nothing you can do about them being hell bent on running everyone into poverty, it just seems thats the way its going everything just keeps going up I dont understand how I am supposed to afford a house on my own its impossible! A few names on a website dont mean jack **** I am afraid, I can imagine they laugh at the idea whilst making paper planes out of 50 notes, throwing them into the fire and then claim it back on travel expenses
    Skint because of my car, the forums made me do it

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bong Water View Post
    I'm just going to bend over and spread my cheeks and pray they use lube, there is nothing you can do about them being hell bent on running everyone into poverty, it just seems thats the way its going everything just keeps going up I dont understand how I am supposed to afford a house on my own its impossible! A few names on a website dont mean jack **** I am afraid, I can imagine they laugh at the idea whilst making paper planes out of 50 notes, throwing them into the fire and then claim it back on travel expenses
    The 1.8 million people who signed the petition against road pricing including a number of members on here would disagree with you, our not so friendly labour government **** themselves when they realised the public were not going to stand for this latest scam and quietly dropped the idea until at least 2010 when these scumbags will be history.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

In two minds

Status
    I dont believe that it was down to the petition alone, if there is any solid proof of these online petitions being noticed by the government then I wouldnt be so pesimistic against them
    Skint because of my car, the forums made me do it

Status
    The smoking ban is just the latest example of how the 'sheeple' will just roll over and accept being criminalised by the real Criminals currently running (into the ground) this Country.
    Thats so true,they have told us we cannot smoke so drink and drive is next.
    I'm glad I just do crystal meth

4th Gear

Status
    The fact is that us the motorists fund so much of the rest of our economy we will never get road tax/fuel duty/congestion charging/toll roads/showroom tax! etc. reduced. What would happen if all us motorists stopped driving? The economy would be in freefall. Most of the driving we do is because we have to, not for fun.How much of what we pay is put back into the the road network? Sod all!
    A5 2.0T Sport Brilliant Black