AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    S3 Drift King!

Status

Mobile Phone Upgrade

OK guys, probably should be posted in the AV section, but I want a good response.
    My Phone is due for an Upgrade - I'm on Voda - and I've not really been unto date with mobiles of late. Since getting my first Nokia 5, I've only ever used Nokia's, but for work purposes, I got myself a Q-tek PDA phone last time round, but keen to go back to Nokia. so where or what is the best place to get myself a good upgrade on the lowest Voda Tariff? I've been offered a N81 for free or an N95(Which is my preferred choice) for 100 at Phones4U on an 18 month contract, are these good deals on a 25 p/m contract?

Any tips or advice appreciated.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Im getting my upgrade soon and im looking at either the Nokia N82,Samsung G800 or Sony Ericsson K850i.
    Im on O2 so cant really help with the tarrif but these are all good phones.
    Wouldnt you be better going to a Voda shop or website?

va va voom

Status
    jojo

have a look at the N95 black 8gb, it has a bigger screen and internal 8gb compared to the original N95

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm...08-Shop-N958GB
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

thats me

Status
    why not phone voda and they will give you 1/2 price line rental for a year then use the saving to buy a phone ????
    red to red black to black blue to bits

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    OK guys, probably should be posted in the AV section, but I want a good response.
    My Phone is due for an Upgrade - I'm on Voda - and I've not really been unto date with mobiles of late. Since getting my first Nokia 5, I've only ever used Nokia's, but for work purposes, I got myself a Q-tek PDA phone last time round, but keen to go back to Nokia. so where or what is the best place to get myself a good upgrade on the lowest Voda Tariff? I've been offered a N81 for free or an N95(Which is my preferred choice) for 100 at Phones4U on an 18 month contract, are these good deals on a 25 p/m contract?

Any tips or advice appreciated.
    My personal advice is stay well away from phones 4 u. Call vodaphone direct and see what they are offering.
    A5 2.0T Sport Brilliant Black

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar View Post
    jojo

have a look at the N95 black 8gb, it has a bigger screen and internal 8gb compared to the original N95

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm...08-Shop-N958GB
    Link doesn't work, but it's the one I'm after.
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    why not phone voda and they will give you 1/2 price line rental for a year then use the saving to buy a phone ????
    Really, Vodafone shop not being very helpful then, better give them a call then.

va va voom

Status
    speak to retention department, say you may be thinking of leaving, what offers can you do
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L

More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Status
    a new customer could get an N95 8gb free with a 35 a month 18 month contract! Demand more mate

Voda will give you the option of a phone or dropping your line rental, my mate half'd his line rental at renewal and got 3 months half price as well!

5th Gear

Status
    ive just upgraded my phone (last wednesday), my last 2 phones were a xda mini s and xda orbit, both were good phones with no problems, but i wanted to go back to having a normal phone as i could do everytinfg i used to do on my xdas on my new laptop.

i have chosen the n 95 8gb, and first impressions are that its a nice looking phone if a little chunky, and does feel a bit plasticky

there are some nice features on there, but have still got to get used to the setup as it being symbia based not windows like the xdas

comes with built in gps, but to use it like a normal satnav will cost you extra due to the way it gets its data for its built in maps, so need to get another satnav software and tomtom doesnt work on the built in gps so you need a stand alone one, or use garmin etc

battery life is much better than the old n95, but then it had to be.

putting movies on appears to be sometimes a bit hit and miss if you dont get eh exact right format and if you use nokias video manager it doesnt like films over 30mins??????

but something to also bear in mind is that there is a n96 coming out with 16gb storage and card slot which the n95 8gb doesnt have, so wether you want to wait til june/july for it

http://www.nseries.com/index.html#l=products,n96

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    the N95 8G is a very good option, probably the best.

In two minds

Status
    Dont bother with middle men like phones for you etc, they just complicate things. Speak directly as mentioned, its much easier, if they try to charge then just say you will go elsewhere and they will sort you out with a free phone. In November I got my K850 which I really like but I only ever use Sony phones, its the only thing Sony are good at IMO. I told them I only want a 12 month contract and not 18 and the phone must be free, they obliged.

PS, Nokia N95 battry life is apparently very poor.
    Skint because of my car, the forums made me do it

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bong Water View Post

PS, Nokia N95 battry life is apparently very poor.
    I've been told this too, my current Qtec takes 3 hours to charge with a 5day standby battery life, which is excellent! Last nokias I've had we're reasonably good with anything between 3-5 days standby, obviously making and taking constant calls will kill it quicker, am I going to be playing with this N95 with all the features haha?

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    new N95s have better battery life than original old ones...

Administrator

Status
    i don't know why people say this. Yes, battery life isnt the best. But I have a charger at home, in my car, and at work....so I'm never really without power.

8gb N95 looks awesome though......

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bong Water View Post
    In November I got my K850 which I really like but I only ever use Sony phones, [B]its the only thing Sony are good at IMO[/B
    Thats because they are made by ericsson
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

6th Gear

Status
    SHAMELESS PLUG>> Well, if youve picked up an N95 pop over to AllAboutSymbian. Lots of useful info and a list of great apps for your symbian device. (I mod there, hence the plug)

Seriously though the N95 on fw v.20 is great. I like the size of the 8GB screen put take the hotswap memory I have over the internal 8GB.

As has been mentioned there are a few other phones coming out with similar spec, but it wont be untill 2009 that we see some new high end Nokias that have additions over and above the current set.

Battery-wise, the use of wifi does suck it up... but as Olly say, most users have a charger here there and everywhere. If you dont, pick up a powermonkey!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Right, just got off the phone with Voda, after much squeezing, best the woman could do for me is N95 Black for free on lowest tariff for 18 months, she said they couldn't give it me for free otherwise, arrives Wednesday, I think it's reasonable.

va va voom

Status
    n96 is to be launched in june by nokia,(sim free) but by the time the networks get it your looking at july, august, and by the time orange and t mob get it your looking at nov/dec

just in case if anyone was thinking of the n96

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L

6th Gear

Status
    N96 is due for release in June that doesnt mean it will be.Does look like an impressive phone though.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    My upgrade is due now, I'm not waiting for no N96, maybe next time....

S3 Drift King!

Status
    WooHoo, my free N95-2 Black 8gb has just arrived, now just got to charge the thing before I use it.

How sad am I.....

va va voom

Status
    how you finding it, watched spiderman 3 yet

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L

6th Gear

Status
    its pretty sad, but then Ive been sat on my drive playing in my new car for about 2 hours...